Getting Started at BMCC
Non-Degree Seeking Students
Students interested registering for a class or two and not intent upon earning a certificate or degree from BMCC can utilize the BMCC Registration form. Print this form: Registration Form. Complete and return form to your nearest BMCC location. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for federal financial aid.
New Certificate and Degree Seeking Students
“New” students include the following:
- Those who have never taken credit classes at BMCC
- High school students who have, until now, only taken Dual Credit/Eastern Promise or that have taken credit courses through the Expanded Options program
- Students participating, until now, in the college prep program (GED, ESL and ABE courses)
- Transfer Students
- Returning BMCC students who have not attended in two or more years
New students must submit an Application for Admission form and submit a $25 non-refundable application fee at the time of application. Applications will not be processed without the fee. Application deadlines for 2014-15 are:
- Spring 2014 (deadline has passed)
- Summer term 2014, 5 pm, June 6, 2014
- Fall term 2014, 5 pm, September 11, 2014
- Winter 2015, 5 pm, December 19, 2014
- Spring 2015, 5 pm, March 13, 2015
Applications are available online at www.bluecc.edu, go to STUDENTS along the top of the page then scroll down to “Forms for Students”, then click on "Admission Application Form". Submit completed forms to any BMCC location or by mail to BMCC, PO Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801.
2. Placement Assessment
Placement information is required for all students taking credit classes. See BMCC’s Placement Assessment & Testing webpage for more information.
Students with documented disabilities needing accommodation for testing should contact the Testing and Advising office prior to scheduling the placement tests.
3. Attend New Student Orientation (NSO)
Once the admissions application has been processed the BMCC admissions department will register them in a New Student Orientation session. The student will receive a phone call and or email notifying them of the NSO session date, time, and location.
NSO session dates for those students planning to start Summer/Fall 2014 are:
- Monday, April 14th: 5:30 pm - 7 pm (Baker, Boardman, Hermiston, Milton-Freewater, Pendleton)
- Friday, May 2nd: 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm (Baker, Hermiston, Milton-Freewater, Pendleton)
- Monday, May 19th: 5:30 pm - 7 pm (Baker, Boardman, Hermiston, Milton-Freewater, Pendleton)
- Friday, June 6th: 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm (Baker, Hermiston, Milton-Freewater, Pendleton)
Once a student has completed a New Student Orientation session they are ready to complete the advising and registration process.
Advising is required for EACH TERM for all certificate/degree-seeking students; non certificate/degree-seeking students are not required to attend an advising session but are welcome to do so. See BMCC's Advising webpage for helpful hints to get started. Please contact the BMCC Testing and Advising Office (541-278-5931) with questions.
Certificate/Degree Seeking Students: Our online searchable schedule for spring 2014 is now available Registration for spring term began on February 24th at 8 a.m. Our summer 2014 and fall 2014 schedules will be available online as of 8 a.m. on April 21, 2014.
Students can register either online or in person at any BMCC campus, once application, testing and advising (as applicable) are complete. Spring term classes begin March 31st.
Apply for financial aid and scholarships, now. See BMCC’s Financial Assistance page for federal financial aid information and scholarship opportunities.
Get ahead of the game. BMCC provides several electronic accounts for student use. Learn all about student accounts and how to use them. Staff at the Student Learning Center can help.
Tuition is due on the 5th day of the term. But, please don't wait. Avoid long lines and pay before this deadline! Students may pay online via their WolfWeb account, call the BMCC Service Center at (541) 278-5759 to pay with a credit or debit card or pay in person at any BMCC location.
Buy books and other supplies at the BMCC Bookstore. A printed class schedule and valid photo ID is required if using a book voucher.
Blue Mountain Community College, Admissions Office, PO Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801
BMCC is an equal opportunity educator and employer.