Modern Board Games for Modern Gamers
You grew up, and so did the games! Check out the awesome new world of modern board games at our gaming tournament on Saturday. We'll only have a few titles, so be sure to bring your own to share! Click here to read more about some of the games we'll have there!
- Zombies!!! puts you in the middle of an ever-changing, infested city as you battle your way through hordes of hungry corpses to reach the "safety" of the helipad. Even better, when you're done offing undead on your turn, you get to control which zombies go after the other players!
- Fluxx is a fast, screwy card game where the whole point is to change the rules until you can win. Change the number of cards played, how they're played, what you're trying to accomplish . . . it's all part of the game!
- Ticket to Ride is an award-winning race game with a 1920's train theme. Plan your strategy to connect the cities on your tickets before you or your opponents run out of time.
- In Queen's Necklace you take on the role of a jeweler to the French aristocracy. Bid to get the most gems and create the most stylish jewelry for that season, but always be wary of what those other jewelers are up to.
- The Settlers of Catan is one of the best known and loved modern games out there. Players will need to gather resources to build roads, settlements, cities, and culture on the tiny island of Catan. Plan carefully, exploit the terrain, and dominate the competition.
- Betrayal at House on the Hill puts you in a classic B-movie haunted house that's different every game. Work with the other intrepid explorers to find what's lurking in the next room. Is it untold horrors, riches, or a madness that will turn one of your "friends" against you?
- Fury of Dracula will warp you into 19th-century europe where everyone's favorite supernatural villain is back and he's not pleased. Work strategically as one of Bram Stoker's valiant hunters to track down the ellusive vampire and stop his evils once and for all. It won't be easy . . .
- Mystery of the Abbey is murder most foul! When a monk is found slain, all the residents of the abbey are suspect and the Abbot has asked you to follow the clues and figure out the culprit. Was it a fat, bearded Franciscan brother, or maybe a skinny Templar novice? Ask questions, check the cards on the board, and maybe even pull a few dirty tricks to get to the bottom of this, but don't be late for mass!
We'll even have some of the classics!
- Mancala is an ancient game that is still intensely fun, challenging, and beloved around the world. If you haven't tried it yet, take a turn at moving some stones, but be aware that your opponent will, too!
- Scrabble, created in 1948, has been an American classic since 1952. Make as many word as you can with the tiles you're dealt, and score maximum points. Use what's already on the board, but watch out -- there's only a limited number of letters.
Other titles will be there, so be prepared to try something new! We'll have open table space, too, so be sure to bring any games you want to share. Old favorites, new stars, even games you're designing yourself! Show us what you've got!