Military Appreciation Month
We've got new body parts! Check out the Anatomical Models page for pics and info.
Join us this month in honoring the men and women of America's armed forces. We have massive displays throughout the library highlighting the contributions of all American soldiers to victory, security, and peace. Click here to see a few examples and get more info!
With Memorial Day closing out the month, May is the perfect time to remember the dedicated people of America's armed forces. The library is celebrating our veterans, past and present, with displays from our collection throughout the library. Here are just a few samples:
Enjoy the Memorial Day Holiday on May 31 while reading up on warfare in the 20th and 21st centuries
There's a little bit of everything in our centerpiece display. Come in and take a look -- most items on display are available for checkout!
Throughout the month we'll be displaying pages from Life's Picture History of World War II, above, and The Atlas of American Military History
Most of the materials on display are still available for checkout! Come in, take a look, get inspired, and learn more!
Here's a few more ways to remember the contributions of America's military:
- Read up on your military history online with The Reader's Companion to Military History
- Don't forget National Military Appreciation Day: May 15, 2010
- See what Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley said when honoring MilitaryFamilies on May 7: Military Families Appreciation Day
- Check out the Oregon Military Department's webpage for history and current info
- Remember your local veterans, and those currently serving with local elements of the Oregon National Guard: the 168th Aviation and 116th Cavalry Regiments, 41st Special Troops and 351st Aviation Support Battalions, or at the Umatilla Chemical Depot.
- Visit the National Military Appreciation Month website for more pictures, national events coverage, and ideas