Federal Stafford/Plus Loans
If you are interested in applying for a Federal Student Loan or, for parents of dependant students a Federal PLUS, you must complete the steps listed below. ALL new AND returning students must complete the following steps when applying for federal student loans:
Step 1: Mapping Your Future Stafford Loan On-Line Entrance Counseling
- Go to www.bluecc.edu
- Select "Student WolfWeb"
- Log on to your student account
- Select "Financial Aid" from the "Additional Resources" menu
- Select "Applying for a Loan"
- Follow the instructions until you have completed all steps (You will be asked to log in again)
- BMCC will receive an electronic notification once you have successfully completed the counseling session.
Step 2: Choose your Lender: Upon completion of Step 1, you will be automatically routed to the BMCC preferred lender s list. Select your lender. You have 2 options to complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Electronically : Using your Federally assigned PIN (used to electronically sign your FAFSA) you may electronically sign your MPN. If you do not have a Federal PIN, you can go to www.pin.ed.gov to receive one.
- Paper MPN: If you would prefer to complete a paper MPN, please contact our office for detailed instructions.
By federal regulation, all first time borrowers must wait 30 days for their first Federal Stafford loan disbursement. Your loan funds will be available as of the 31st day of the first term that you receive loan. Those dates are as follows:
|Summer 07: July 25, 2007||Winter 08: February 6, 2008|
|Fall 07: October 24, 2007||Spring 08: April 30, 2008|
Deadlines to Apply
The deadline dates to apply for these loans are:
Terms applying for
|Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring||July 20th for all courses that begin and end within 6 weeks
August 17th for all courses that begin and end within 10 weeks
|Fall, Winter, Spring||November 30th|
|Winter, Spring||March 7th|
|Spring only||May 30th|