Blue Mountain Community College welcomes and supports Veterans who have served, or are currently serving, in any branch of the U.S. Military, as well as their family members
**Click here to learn more about using VA Education Benefits at BMCC: certifying dates, application packet and more**
Federal Tuition Assistance Program (GoArmyEd) - For Army National Guard. Visit their website to apply
Oregon National Guard State Tuition Assistance - Provides funding for tuition at Oregon Community Colleges (up to 90 credits) and public universities (up to 180 credits) for current Oregon National Guard members
BMCC Tuition Waivers - For Oregon Veterans; family members of fallen or 100% disabled Veterans; and immediate family members of deployed Service Members
Oregon Tuition Assistance - Oregon Veterans Education Benefits
DID YOU KNOW?
- You may use your VA Education Benefits along with federal and state financial aid? Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, Oregon Opportunity grant, the Oregon National Guard State Tuition Assistance program, and student loans.
- VA Work Study positions are available at BMCC. Click here for the work study application.
- There are other options available for paying for college. For more information about Paying For College click here.
BMCC contact information:
♦ VA School Certifying Official - Jennie Wolfe
♦ Email us anytime at email@example.com
♦ Call us at 541-278-5759
♦ Stop by during the Pendleton Service Center window hours:
Tuesdays from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Thursdays from 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
♦ BMCC's Veterans Club, a chapter of Veteran Students of America
Are you a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one?
Did you know that VA offers same day services in Primary Care and Mental Health at 172 VA Medical Centers across the country? Make the Connection Resource Locator
Contact the Veterans Crisis Line (1-800-273-8255 and press 1, Chat, or Text 838255).
Decision Making Tools:
- College Scorecard and Video Tutorial- Most up-to-date, comprehensive, and reliable information available on colleges in an easy to understand format
- Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA) DECIDE - A dynamic information and comparison tool designed to aid participants of DoD’s Tuition Assistance Program in making informed choices on schools and education programs.
- GI Bill Benefits Comparison Tool - Learn about education programs and compare estimated benefits by school.
- College Navigator- This tool helps you find, organize, and keep track of the schools that are best suited for you. It has a cost calculator, financial aid information, graduation rates, student loans default rates, and it can compare schools.
- Paying for College- This site provides information about how to pay for college.
- Shopping Sheet-
Other important links:
- Umatilla County Veteran’s Services
- Oregon Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Education and Training Programs Information
- GI Bill Information
- GI Bill Web Automated Verification of Enrollment
- Fry Scholarship for dependents
- Request Military Service Records Online (DD 214/separation documents, personnel records, and/or medical records)