Blue Mountain Community College welcomes and supports Veterans who have served, or are currently serving, in any branch of the U.S. Military, as well as their family members
**Click here to learn more about using VA Education Benefits at BMCC: certifying dates, application packet and more**
Federal Tuition Assistance Program (GoArmyEd) - For Army National Guard. Visit their website to apply
Oregon National Guard State Tuition Assistance - Provides funding for tuition at Oregon Community Colleges (up to 90 credits) and public universities (up to 180 credits) for current Oregon National Guard members
BMCC Tuition Waivers - For Oregon Veterans; family members of fallen or 100% disabled Veterans; and immediate family members of deployed Service Members
Oregon Tuition Assistance - Oregon Veterans Education Benefits
DID YOU KNOW?
- You may use your VA Education Benefits along with federal and state financial aid? Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, Oregon Opportunity grant, the Oregon National Guard State Tuition Assistance program, and student loans.
- VA Work Study positions are available at BMCC. Click here for the work study application.
- There are other options available for paying for college. For more information about Paying For College click here.
BMCC contact information:
♦ VA School Certifying Official - Jennie Wolfe
♦ Email us anytime at email@example.com
♦ Call us at 541-278-5759
♦ BMCC's Veterans Club, a chapter of Veteran Students of America
Are you a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one?
Did you know that VA offers same day services in Primary Care and Mental Health at 172 VA Medical Centers across the country? Make the Connection Resource Locator
Contact the Veterans Crisis Line (1-800-273-8255 and press 1, Chat, or Text 838255).
Decision Making Tools:
- College Scorecard and Video Tutorial- Most up-to-date, comprehensive, and reliable information available on colleges in an easy to understand format
- Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA) DECIDE - A dynamic information and comparison tool designed to aid participants of DoD’s Tuition Assistance Program in making informed choices on schools and education programs.
- GI Bill® Benefits Comparison Tool - Learn about education programs and compare estimated benefits by school.
- College Navigator- This tool helps you find, organize, and keep track of the schools that are best suited for you. It has a cost calculator, financial aid information, graduation rates, student loans default rates, and it can compare schools.
- Paying for College- This site provides information about how to pay for college.
Other important links:
- Umatilla County Veterans Services
- Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Education and Training Benefits
- GI Bill® Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (for Chapters 30 and 1606)
- Fry Scholarship for Dependents
- Request Military Service Records Online (DD 214/separation documents, personnel records, and/or medical records)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
NOTICE: As part of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, section 3679 of title 38, United States Code was amended and signed into law on December 31, 2018; known as Public Law 115-407 Section 103, it is effective as of August 1, 2019.
Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC) permits any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 (a “certificate of eligibility” can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website – eBenefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending on the earlier of the following dates:
The date on which payment from VA is made to the institution.
90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility.
NOTE: A Covered Individual is any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or chapter 33, Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits.
BMCC ensures that our educational institution will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33.