Tuition and Fees for 2019 - 2020
Tuition and fees are subject to BMCC Board of Education policy and may be changed at any time. Please refer to our Website, www.bluecc.edu, or call the college at 541-278-5759 to obtain current rates.
Students are considered to be full-time when they are enrolled for 12 credit hours or more.
In-State Residents: For tuition purposes, Oregon residents and residents of California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, and Washington are charged at the in-state resident rate of $108.00 for each credit hour, beginning with the summer term of the 2019-20 academic year.
Out-of-State Residents: The tuition rate for out-of-state students (other than the states listed above) is $162.00 for each credit hour, beginning with the summer term of the 2019-20 academic year.
International Students: The tuition rate for international students is $324.00 for each credit hour, beginning with the summer term of the 2019-20 academic year.
Senior Citizens: The tuition rate for a resident who is sixty-five years of age or older is 100% of the regular tuition rate for credit classes. Fees for credit and non-credit classes are at the full rates listed in the quarterly Schedule of Classes on the BMCC website. Seniors who elect to audit credit classes will not be charged tuition; only applicable fees will be charged at the full rate. Normal registration procedures are required.
Tuition is not charged for non-credit classes. Fees for non-credit classes vary based upon the costs to provide the course.
Generally Applicable Fees:
- ABE, GED, and/or ELA Program Fee (Title II): $34 for the first class per term, which includes the $9 Technology Fee; $9 for each additional class per term
- ABE, GED, and/or ELA Course Fee (Non-Title II): $34 per course, which includes the $9 Technology Fee
- ABE, GED, and/or ELA Orientation Fee:$10 per occurrence
- Athletic Fee: $125.00 per term for student athletes
- Audit Course Fee: 100% of regular tuition and associated fees (Senior Citizens, refer to section above)
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Fee: A transcription fee of $10 per course
- Credit-by-Exam Fee: Fifty percent of regular tuition
- Credit for Prior Learning/Certification Fee: A transcription fee of $10 per course
- Installment Plan Fee: $20 (required $100 down payment) Must complete and sign payment plan
- Installment Plan Late Fee/Interest Penalty: $15 for each late payment
- Dental Student Fee: $500 each term
- Distance Education Course Fee: $40 for each distance education course
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Credit for Prior Learning Fee: A transcription fee of $10 per course
- Enrollment Fee: One-time $35 fee for credit seeking students.Fee includes the cost of the placement test and student ID card.
- ITV Course Fee: $25 per course for courses at the receiving locations
- Late Payment Fee: 3% of the unpaid balance with a minimum charge of $10 and a maximum charge of $75 per term. Fees are assessed monthly until balance is paid in full
- Nursing Student Application Fee: $50 application fee (Non-refundable)
- Nursing Student Fee: $660 each term
- Official Transcript Fee: $5 per transcript +processing fee (obtained through the National Student Clearinghouse)
- Official Transcript Fee (Outside the US): Fee contingent upon destination location
- Placement Test Fee: $25 for non BMCC degree seeking students.BMCC degree seeking students are charged the Enrollment fee which includes the cost of the placement test.If a retest is required, an additional $5 per series will be charged for all students.
- Returned-Check Fee: $35 for each occurrence
- Stop Payment Fee: $35 per check
- Technology Fee: $18.50 per credit for credit classes; $9 per course for non-credit classes
- Testing Fees (Agency): $25 per exam (Non-refundable)
- Testing Fees (Excludes EOU): $25 per exam (Non-refundable)
- Testing Fees (GED, as well as No-Show, Re-test & Single Test Fee): Fee is set & charged by Pearson VUE.
- Testing Fees (Kaplan Testing Fee – Nursing): 1st year Nursing Students $83.33 per term. 2nd year Nursing Students $90.00 per term.
- Testing Fees - Other: Varies (charges are based on the nature of the examination). Contact the BMCC Testing Center at (541) 278-5931 for specific amounts
- Universal Fee: $8 per credit for students taking 1 or more credit hours up to a maximum of 15 credits
Early College Credit Costs:
- Advanced Placement Fee: A transcription fee of $10 per course
- Credit by Exam: A transcription fee of $20 per credit
- Assessment Based Learning Course Fee: A transcription fee of $20 per credit
- Dual Credit and Sponsored Dual Credit Fee: A transcription fee of $20 per credit
- Expanded Options: 100% of tuition and applicable fees
Other Applicable Fees:
- Associated Student Government (ASG) Student Activity Fee: $3.00 for each credit hour
(This fee is approved by ASG & College Board)
Course Fees: Certain courses may require a fee(s) in addition to tuition. Course-specific fees are listed in the quarterly Schedule of Classes on the BMCC website.
- Agriculture Course Fee: $15 for each course
- Applied Music Fee: $175 for each course
- Art Class Fee: Certain courses are assigned a fee of up to $30
- Data Center Technician Lab Fee: $60.00 for each lab course
- Diesel Tech Laboratory Fee: $60 per lab credit
- EMT Fee—Basic A & B: $160 each term
- EMT Fee—Intermediate-Part A & B: $130 each term
- Fire Science 110 A and 110 B: $160 each term
- Fire Science 112: $160 each term
- Industrial Systems Technology Lab Course Fee: $50 for each lab course.
- Music Class Fee: $15 piano and/or voice
- Nursing Clinical Fee: $300 for each course with a clinical component
- Physical Education Fee: $10 for each course
- Science Laboratory Fee: $35 per lab credit
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Lab Course Fee: $50 for each lab course.
- Welding Fee: $150 lab fee for each lab course.
Note: The College periodically introduces new courses, programs, and/or fees on a pilot basis to meet the needs of the community. These fees may be administratively implemented as needed during the year.
Payment of the stipulated fees by full-time and part-time students registered for academic credit entitles them to all services maintained by the college for the benefit of students. These services include use of the college student union, computer laboratories, library, laboratory and course equipment, materials in connection with courses for which the students are registered, and admission to some events sponsored by the college. By college policy, there is no reduction in fees for students who do not intend to avail themselves of these services.