All students planning to complete their certificate or degree requirements during or prior to the end of summer 2019 are eligible to participate in our 2019 Commencement Ceremony. Those planning to complete during or after fall 2019 are invited to participate in our 2020 ceremony.
- Day: Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- Check-in Time: 5:30 p.m.
- Time: 6 p.m.
- Location: Pendleton Convention Center
- Rehearsal Agenda and Program Overview
NURSING PINNING CEREMONY - Pendleton campus
- Practice: Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- Time & Location: 2:00 p.m., Bob Clapp Theatre, Pendleton campus
- Ceremony: Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Time & Location: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., Bob Clapp Theatre, Pendleton campus
- Reception: Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Time & Location: 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Student Union (cafeteria), Pendleton campus
- Day: Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Check-In Time: Graduate check in 6:15 p.m.
- Ceremony Start Time: 7:00 p.m. Please note - guests arriving between 6:45 pm. and 7:00 pm will be asked to wait to be seated until all of our graduates have entered our event area.
- Location of Ceremony: Pendleton Convention Center, 1601 Westgate, Pendleton, OR 97801
- LIVESTREAM the ceremony! Click here to watch live starting at 7 p.m. on June 13, 2019
- Amanda Tobin - Amanda is a non-traditional student from Boardman, Ore., who will graduate from the Data Center Tech program. She is already working locally for a prestigious tech firm as a Data Center Technician. She was the only member of her class to obtain all certification options offered through the DCT program. Amanda has been on the President's honor roll multiple times.
- Jose Romero - Jose is a traditional student from Hermiston, Ore., who will receive an Associate of General Studies degree. He has been an active ASG officer and voice for BMCC students, serving on College Coordinating Council and the Integrated Resources Committee. He is the first in his family to attend college, and has also been on the honor roll multiple times. He volunteers as a wrestling and track/field coach for Irrigon High School, and wants to go into the field of education and computer science, and continue coaching.
- Monica Silva - Monica is a traditional student from Yakima, Wash., who will receive an Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (AAOT) degree. She is the BMCC women's soccer team captain and an active ASG officer. She is also the first in her family to attend college, and is looking at three possible university options to continue her education.
Graduation information line: (541) 278-5760
Special Seating Needs or other Accommodations: For information about special seating needs or other accommodations, please contact Linda Zojonc at (541) 278-5760.
Commencement Photographer: Our photographer is Marty Huie, Professional Photography. Below is a link to information about what to expect the night of our ceremony and how to order your photos.
Special Needs Contact Statement: Persons having questions about or requests for special needs and accommodation should contact the Student Health & Wellness Resource Coordinator at Blue Mountain Community College, 2411 N.W. Carden, Pendleton, OR 97801, Phone 541-278-5965. For hearing impaired assistance please call Oregon Relay at 7-1-1. Contact should be made 72 hours in advance of the event.
Coordinator Info: Section 504 Coordinator: Director, Student Health & Wellness Resource Center: 541-278-5965, 2411 NW Carden Avenue, Pendleton, OR 97801.