Congratulations Blue Mountain Community College Class of 2020! Your hard work and dedication will be recognized and celebrated on Thursday, June 11, 2020, albeit in a non-traditional fashion (see details below). As we prepare for Commencement 2020, we would like to share with you the following information that will help you make this day one you will remember for the rest of your life.
BMCC's 2020 Commencement Ceremony:
Thursday, June 11, 2020• 7:00 pm • BMCC Pendleton Campus
To participate in Commencement 2020 you must meet one of the following categories:
- Must have graduated at the end of Summer or Fall 2019
- Will graduate at the end of Winter, Spring, or Summer 2020
Are you on track to graduate this spring? BMCC wants to celebrate your achievements! While COVID-19 has required us to change our traditional commencement ceremony plans, BMCC has reimagined Commencement to allow graduates to be honored in a safe and appropriately social distanced manner. We invite you to join us for the BMCC Class of 2020 Commencement Parade of Graduates on Thursday, June 11, at 7 p.m.!
What is the Parade of Graduates
While BMCC can’t bring everyone together for speeches, handshaking, and cap-throwing, we can still honor the achievements of our graduates on campus! Our Parade of Graduates will allow graduates to drive with their families in their personal vehicles up the BMCC Pendleton campus hill and around the campus, with BMCC faculty and staff lining the roadway to cheer and celebrate as you pass. As you reach the top of the hill, our President Dennis Bailey-Fougnier and Board of Education Chair Heidi Van Kirk will take an official photograph with you while you remain in your vehicle at an appropriate social distance. You’ll receive a Commencement gift bag, which will include your tassel and diploma cover, as well as some gifts to honor your achievement.
How do I participate
There are a few important deadlines for those who would like to participate in the Parade of Graduates:
- Caps and gowns are optional for the Parade of Graduates, but if you’d like to order one to wear, you must do so through the BMCC Bookstore website, www.bookstore.bluecc.edu/Home, by Friday, May 22, 2020. Please know that BMCC will provide you with a tassel, so there’s no need to purchase one.
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 18, 2020, if you plan to participate in the event. We don’t need to know if you’ll have any family members with you in your vehicle at that time – we just need to know if you plan to have a vehicle in the parade.
- Line-up for the Parade of Graduates will begin at 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 11, 2020. We will email those who have submitted an RSVP to the event by May 29 to provide you with details on where to meet, as well as post information to this website. You must be in line by 6:45 p.m.
We look forward to celebrating this important milestone with you! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Special Needs Contact Statement: Persons having questions about or requests for special needs and accommodation should contact the Learning Support Coordinator at Blue Mountain Community College, 2411 N.W. Carden, Pendleton, OR 97801, Phone 541-278-5817. For hearing impaired assistance please call Oregon Relay at 7-1-1. Contact should be made 72 hours in advance of the event.
Coordinator Info: Section 504 Coordinator: Learning Support Coordinator at Blue Mountain Community College, 2411 N.W. Carden, Pendleton, OR 97801, Phone 541-278-5817.