At Blue Mountain Community College, students can meet their math, writing, and reading placement in multiple ways to include:
- Attended Another Regionally Accredited College: Completion of a math, writing, and/or reading courses with a grade of “C” or better at another regionally accredited college. Be sure to submit a copy of your transcript (official or unofficial). Email your unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail it to BMCC, Attn: Student Records, PO Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801 or drop it off at any BMCC location.
- Placement Assessments Taken at Another College: ACCUPLACER assessments taken within the last two (2) years. Have the college where you took the assessments email your scores to email@example.com .
- AP or CLEP Test Scores: AP math or writing tests taken within the last three (3) years. Have scores mailed to us from The College Board. Have them mailed to BMCC, Attn: Student Records, PO Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801
- Cumulative High School Grade Point Average (CGPA): Students that have graduated from high with a standard high school diploma within the last five years and have a cumulative high school GPA of a 3.0 or higher. High school transcripts must include your date of graduation. Transcripts can be mailed to us at BMCC, Attn: Student Records, PO Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCUPLACER: Students may also take the ACCUPLACER placement assessments. A test voucher is required. Prior to requesting a test voucher, we encourage students to review the practice assessments provided by ACCUPLACER. Select the link below to access these practice tools and study app.
- Practice for ACCUPLACER assessments
Process to Request a Test Voucher:
Complete the request form. Your request will be processed within 1 business day.
Note: The College Board is using a third-party service (Examity) to proctor your assessments. Please be sure to review the Examity requirements by selecting the link below.
Your test voucher will be good for 14 days after issuance. Once you have completed your assessments your scores will be loaded into our system, typically within 2-4 hours.
Math And Writing Progression Charts