Changing your degree intent is a simple process and requires only the completion of this form. Although simple, it may have unintended consequences for you as a student. Before making this change it is recommended that you:
- Meet with your faculty advisor or success coach
- If you are receiving federal or state financial aid, you are encouraged to speak with a financial aid specialist.
- Those receiving veteran's tuition assistance should speak with BMCC's certifying official.
It is the responsibility of the student to know and to observe the requirements of their degree or certificate program. Although your faculty advisor or success coach will attempt to help you make informed decisions, the final responsibility for meeting graduation requirements rests with you- the student.
Note: If you are working on pre-admission coursework for one of the following limited entry or partnership programs, your degree intent will be updated as follows until you have applied and been accepted in to the program:
- BMCC programs:
- Dental Assisting Technician (Associate of General Studies/PrepDental)
- Nursing (Associate of Science/PrepNursing)
- Colby Community College partnership program
- Veterinary Technician (Associate of Science/Vet Tech Prep)
- Linn-Benton Community College partnership programs: (Associate of Science) - an advising note will be made about the program the student is interested in.
- Diagnostic Imaging Technician
- Occupational Therapy
If you have questions about this process, please contact our Service Center at email@example.com or Student Records at firstname.lastname@example.org