Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC) has teamed up with SALTTM, a new membership program, to help our recent alumni manage their money and student loans. Here’s the best part – we are providing all of its services to you as a gift – free of charge.
What Is SALT?
SALT was created by American Student Assistance, a nonprofit organization, to help BMCC alums like you become more financially savvy.
Activating your SALT membership allows you take advantage of members-only features, like:
- Interactive money management tools that show you how to take control of your finances.
- A personal dashboard that tracks all of your federal student loans in one place.
- Loan advice from SALT’s expert counselors.
- My Money 101—a self-paced, online resource that teaches you practical money management strategies for budgeting, credit cards, banking and more.
- Access to thousands of jobs and internships to jumpstart your career.
- Exclusive benefits that help you save and spend smart.
Please log on and activate your SALT account to take advantage of all its great benefits. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact SALT’s Member Support team at 855.469.2724.
Also see the frequently asked questions.
IMPORTANT: Federal Pell Grant Program — Duration of Eligibility
Once you have received a Pell Grant for 12 semesters, or the equivalent, you will no longer be eligible for additional Pell Grants.
You are eligible to receive a Pell Grant for up to 12 semesters or the equivalent. If you have exceeded the 12-semester maximum, you will lose eligibility for additional Pell Grants beginning in 2012-13 school year. Equivalency is calculated by adding together the percentage of your Pell eligibility that you received each year to determine whether the total amount exceeds 600%.Additional details about Federal Pell Grant Lifetime Eligibility, click here.