What is Early College Credit (ECC)?
Early College Credit (ECC) is a program involving a partnership between Blue Mountain Community College and high schools which allows students to earn college credit while they are enrolled in high school. These college credits are transcripted and apply to certificates and degrees at Blue Mountain Community College or may be transferred to another college or university.
There are a variety of ways to earn Early College Credit (ECC):
- Dual Credit - course taught by a high school teacher who meets the qualifications to be an adjunct BMCC instructor
- Sponsored Dual Credit - course taught by a high school teacher who participates in a college-led PLC
- Expanded Options - course taught by a BMCC college instructor
- Credit by Exam - available by request for 100-level Spanish courses only
- Advanced Placement (AP) – AP test administered at your high school or by the College Board
- College-level Examination Program (CLEP)– exam sponsored by the College Board
- Credit for Prior Certification – National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)