What is Early College Credit (ECC)?
Early College Credit (ECC) is a program involving a partnership between Blue Mountain Community College and high schools in our region which allows you to earn college credit while you are still in high school. These college credits are posted to a BMCC transcript and apply to certificates and degrees here at Blue Mountain Community College or may be transferred to another college or university. ECC allows you to get an early start toward a college certificate or degree at an amazing savings of time and money!
There are a variety of ways to earn Early College Credit (ECC):
- Dual Credit - course taught by your high school teacher
- Expanded Options - course taught by a BMCC college instructor
- Credit by Exam - exam (100 level Spanish only)
- Advanced Placement (AP) – AP test administered at your high school or by the College Board
- College-level Examination Program (CLEP)– exam sponsored by the College Board
- Credit for Prior Certification - National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)