Winter 2014 Live Online Distance Learning Orientations for Students
These orientations are geared for students taking an online class for the first time or using e-companion for a face to face class. This webinar will provide you with all the information they need to succeed. All a student will need to attend a webinar is a computer, internet access, computer speakers or a headset with microphone. This is a live internet session. Highly recommended for new online students.
BMCC Distance Learning Orientation
- Learn how to login to the online course sites
- BMCC student e-mails-communicating with instructors
- How to use the course tools required
- Computer setup for online classes
- Tutoring/Testing options
DATES & TIMES
- January 5th 4:00 p.m.<6:00 p.m. Collaborate open house on best practices to succeed in online courses
ACCESSING THE WEBINARS
- Click on the link to get started 15 minutes prior to the event starting..
- When you login, use your real first name (no pseudo-names or handles please).
- First time users, turn off internet pop up blockers. Logging in the first time could take a few minutes but it will work. The system downloads or uses a Java Platform to deliver the live session. It does work with dial up connections.
- After logging in, you will see your name in the participants frame.
- Once logged in, maximize the Collaborate 11 session window.