Guide to Using Blackboard Collaborate 11 (formerly Elluminate)
Blackboard Collaborate 11 (formerly Elluminate) is a web conferencing tool used at Blue Mountain Community College. It offers the opportunity to interact with faculty and other students even though you may be miles, even oceans, apart. Prepare now for a great Web Conferencing experience!
- Click here to view the minimum computer requirements first.
- Get a microphone. A noise cancelling headset/microphone combination is best for participants using audio. The BMCC bookstore, Radio Shack or other vendors have microphones at good prices.
- Go to the Collaborate Support support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp http:// to ensure you have the right software and install the Java Web Start. Don't worry--they make it easy!
- Plug in your microphone and proceed to step #5.
- Click the 'Configuration Room' on the support page. You'll test your audio here and to ensure you are all set up to join classes or meetings.
- Go to the on demand support center www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Collaborate/Services/On-Demand-Learning-Center/Web-Conferencing.aspx to view the “Participant Orientation” recordings and materials. In addition, print the quick reference guide for participants to have for your sessions. If you are having any technical problems attending a meeting, contact Bruce Kauss by phone at 1-541-278-5763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prior to attending your first Blackboard Collaborate 11 (ELL Class) session, participants can also click on this link to get more training materials http://www.blackboard.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=8e4e8c28-de07-4bb0-a26f-8c1a28f335cd
- Accessibility questions: Elluminate works on Windows and Mac computers. For more information on accessibility, go to http://elluminate.com/accessibility/index.jsp.
Learn how things work:
Print out the www.blackboard.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx (a 2 page PDF document).
Listen to a recording http://www.brainshark.com/blackboardinc/vu?pi=zGLzYw5XBz35Sgz0 from Blackboard Collaborate Support.
Distance Education Drop-in Center - starting Fall term 2011
Visit our Distance Education Drop-In Center when you have questions or need some assistance with using Elluminate. The Drop-In Center is a also a great place to practice your skills. Live help is available upon request during the following hours (all times listed are Pacific Daylight Time) unless staff is not available. Contact Bruce Kauss via phone at 541-278-5763 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Monday: 3-5 pm
Tuesday: 1-3 pm
Thursday: 6-8 pm
Friday: 1-2 pm
- Click on the “Distance Education Open Meeting Area” link above to get started.
- Allow the seesion to open. It will not require a password.