Pharmacy Technician - Registration/Selection Information
Blue Mountain Community College student applying to CENTRAL OREGON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
All prerequisites must be complete or in progress prior to approval to register. Prerequisite verification must be submitted to COCC at least 2 weeks prior to registration. Students must contact their local advisor and confirm that prerequisites have been met.
The number of students admitted to the Pharmacy Technician program is determined annually by Central Oregon Community College. It is estimated that 12-14 positions will be available in Central Oregon and 2 to 4 positions will be available at each of the partner locations.
COCC's Registration Checklist for distant students is included below.
Eligible students must register during their assigned registration time frame at the college they are attending. Registration requires approval from COCC's Pharmacy Technician Department. Students will be cleared to register once all registration materials are submitted to the Pharmacy Technician Department.
The next pharmacy technician class will begin fall term, September 2014
1. APPLY TO COCC (Application available online at www.cocc.edu)
2. TAKE PLACEMENT TEST AND/OR SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS *TO ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS Placement tests and transcript review may be taken at the partner school prior to admission. Results should be submitted to the Pharmacy Tech Program at least 2 weeks prior to registration.
3. PROVIDE PHARMACY TECH PROGRAM DIRECTOR WITH VERIFICATION OF COMPLETION In order to be cleared to register, ALL verification materials must be submitted to the Program Director at least 2 weeks prior to registration.
____ High School Diploma or GED (copy of high school transcripts or GED)
____ Successful completion of WR115 OR placement into WR121
____ Successful completion of MTH25 OR placement into MTH070
____ Successful completion of computer literacy exam or class equivalent to CS120
____ Current AHA CPR/AED Certification for Healthcare Providers
____ Proof of Immunizations (Hepatitis B, MMR, Varicella,Tdap)
____ Tuberculin Skin Test (PPD) negative results or chest x-ray if positive
4. COMPLETE COCC’S ONLINE ORIENTATION (available after admission to COCC at http://web.cocc.edu/onlineorientation/)
5. COMPLETE NEW STUDENT ADVISING (Call Pharmacy Technician Director at 541-318-3722 for advising by phone).
6. REGISTER FOR PHARMACY TECHNICIAN PROGRAM COURSES:
Contact Director, Pharmacy Tech Program for CRN to register for classes
*Transcripts (unofficial) may be used to verify completion of coursework with a “C” or better or to confirm placement test scores. Courses may be “in progress” for fall term, however, students who do not complete “in progress” courses with a “C” or better will be dropped from the program. Submit verification items together, in one packet. (DO NOT submit items individually.) Your packet (and all verification items included) must be clearly marked with your name and COCC ID number and submitted to: Shannon Muller, Pharmacy Technician Program Director, 2600 NW College Way, Health Careers Center, Room 244, Bend, OR 97701
Selection for Program
Registration for the Pharmacy Technician program is through open enrollment and seats are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must meet all program prerequisites in order to register.