GED preparation classes are available for students to study for the General Educational Development exam. The length of study time depends on how much a student devotes to studying and the level at which the student begins. Students may take practice tests to determine how successful they would be on the GED exam.
When a student has finished their GED preparation courses they will need to make an appointment to take the official GED exam with Advising & Testing at (541) 278-5931.
A school release is required before an individual, less than 18 years old, may attempt the test. A fee of $125.00 is required at the time of the first test. This fee pays for the following five parts of the GED tests. However, it does not cover a re-test if necessary.
BMCC students who earn a GED can choose to participate in the BMCC Commencement ceremony held in June.
STEPS TO OBTAINING YOUR GED
- Contact BMCC College Prep via phone at 541-278-5803 or email at email@example.com for days and times of orientation.
- Attend orientation
- Bring Photo ID
- Know your Social Security number.
- Register for class
- Pay class fee $25 plus $4 tech fee per class
- Attend class
- Set up Advising/Registering appointment at Orientation
- Meet with advisor
Online GED Academy Available $70 fee
- Study at your convenience
- Use your own computer (or use the college lab)
- Access to a live teacher via email or telephone
- Interactive problem solving
- Real world Applications
- Peer support