Diagnostic Imaging Technology
Partnership with: Linn-Benton Community College
Program Length: Seven (7) terms - after program entry
Program Start Date: Summer 2014
Application Period: January 10, 2014 through 5 p.m. on January 20, 2014
Application Materials Sent to:
LBCC: Must complete LBCC's online admission application process
BMCC: BMCC, Attn: Admissions, PO Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801
Admission Selection by: BMCC based on BMCC's point system and interview process
Number Accepted for BMCC: Up to two (2) students annually
This program is designed to allow students to take their pre-requisite coursework at Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC). The radiology technologist courses will be taken via distance education through Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC) while staying in Eastern Oregon. Students who live in the BMCC service district (Umatilla, Morrow and Baker counties) as well as center-out-of-district (COD) service district (Grant county) may apply for the Diagnostic Imaging program through BMCC.
The purpose of the program is to prepare students to practice as proficient, multi-skilled professionals in culturally diverse health care settings, to demonstrate outcomes required by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and program guideline and to prepare students for application and completion of ARRT certification examinations.Upon completion of program and the general education requirements students will be eligible to apply for an Associate of Applied Science degree from Linn-Benton Community College. For more information see http://www.linnbenton.edu/go/majors
BMCC has two (2) positions available for the 2014-2016 program. (updated as of January 9, 2014)
Classes are tailored specifically to the students in the training. Students attend class for approximately 40 hours a week. It does not follow the traditional college terms. The majority of classes will be taught using "Virtual Classroom" and a robust online course management system, and lab experiences will take place at a local healthcare facility and/or the Lebanon lab. Students should expect to make a minimum of 7 trips to the LBCC campus during the course of the program. Once enrolled in the Diagnostic Imaging program, students are LBCC students and are supported by LBCC.
2014 Information and Deadlines
Pre-Application Information Session: This session is required of all applicants. This is an online process only and is available now at http://www.linnbenton.edu/55D4F302-248B-11E3-B3570050568208D5 All applicants MUST thoroughly read, complete the quizzes and submit the printed completion certificate with their application packet.
- Application Dates: We will begin accepting applications on January 10, 2014 and will accept them through 5 p.m. on Monday, January 20, 2014. Application packets must be received by BMCC's Admission Office in Pendleton (see address below) on or prior to 5 pm on January 20, 2014. (Late applications will not be considered.)
- Points Letter: Emailed the week of February 24, 2014
- Admisson Decision: Emailed week of March 17, 2014
- Estimated Non-Refundable Deposit for admitted students: $2,500 (subject to change) due by May 2014
- Mandatory Orientation: June, 2014 at LBCC's Lebanon Campus. Date to be selected by LBCC.
Other dates and deadlines are included in both BMCC and LBCC's application packets. Be sure to read both thoroughly. To view Linn-Benton Community College's Summer 2014 Diagnostic Imaging Bulletin go to: http://www.linnbenton.edu/forms and select the link "Diagnostic Imaging " under the Special Admission Bulletins & Applications section.
- 2014 Pre-Admission Course Requirements Revised 1.23.14 Science & Society requirement removed
- 2014 Admission, Point System, and Application Information
Revised 1.23.14 Science & Society requirement removed
To apply for our program complete and return:
1.BMCC & Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC) Diagnostic Imaging - Distance Education 2014 Application Checklist. Be sure to include all forms listed on the checklist.
2. LBCC's Diagnostic Imaging Summer 2014 Bulletin. Be sure to include all pages of the packet.
For more information about this program please contact Helen Doherty at 541.278.5954 or by email to email@example.com