Annual BMCC Student Art Show
May 13 - May 30, 2019
Art Students – submit your artwork!
- Submissions will be accepted from any current BMCC student who has taken at least
one art class at BMCC
- Students may submit up to 5 pieces per medium (for example, 5 paintings AND 5 sculptures)
- Students must submit an Entry Form, an Exhibit Agreement and completed labels must be attached to each piece
- Note: not all submissions are guaranteed to be presented in the exhibit; pieces must meet submission guidelines, must not have been previously submitted or exhibited and must be appropriate for an all-ages audience
- BMCC Student Art Show Agreement
- BMCC Student Art Show Labels and Entry Form
Art Drop-off Dates & Times
Submissions will be accepted at the Betty Feves Memorial Gallery, Pendleton campus, at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday, April 22 - 25, 9:30am-1:30pm
- Monday-Thursday, April 29 - May 2, 9:30am-1:30pm
If you cannot make it to the Gallery during the drop off times, contact Lori Sams at 541-278-5952
to make alternative arrangements!
Judge & Awards
This year’s judge is Whitney Minthorn. Whitney is a multi-media artist, working in printmaking, beadwork and photography. He has worked and exhibited internationally and was a featured artist during the Portland2016 Biennial. He is also co-owner of Moe Pho Noodles & Café in downtown Pendleton. He studied painting at the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) in Santa Fe, NM as well as fashion and textiles at Cambridge Regional College in England, and holds a certificate in photography and digital manipulation from Oregon College of Art and Craft. Whitney is an enrolled member of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation.
Prizes will be awarded for Best of Show, 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, Honorable Mention and People’s Choice!
- Monday, May 13, 11am-1pm
- Please join us for food and drinks and to vote for the People’s Choice Award
Art Pick Up Dates & Times
All pieces MUST be picked up during the following times:
-Thursday, May 30, from 1:30-2:00pm
- Monday June 3, from 9:30am-1:30pm
- Tuesday June 4, from 9:30am-1:30pm
- Wednesday June 5, from 9:30am-1:30pm
If you cannot pick up your work at that time, arrange for someone to pick it up for you. Work that is not picked up will become property of the Gallery.
Contact Lori Sams, Gallery Director, 541-278-5952, firstname.lastname@example.org