"Study on the "Inside" to make it on the Outside"
NEW DIRECTIONS EDUCATION PROJECT (NDEP)
PO Box 393
Pendleton, OR 97801
The NDEP board consists of nine community-minded members who develop criteria for student applicants, select the inmate students, make arrangements for the instructors through BMCC, pay tuition, buy textbooks and supplies, and evaluate the program.
Current board members include:
- Dr. Don Harsh, Chairman
- Kittee Custer, Vice Chairman - Public Relations
- Phyllis Jerome,Treasurer
- Bonnie Douglas, EOCI Liaison
- Mardel James-Bose, Curriculum Coordinator & Instructor
- Beth Condon, Recording Secretary
- Evelyn Stewart, Public Education & Grant Writer
- Mary Harris, Corresponding Secretary
PROUD RECIPIENTS OF:
2009 DOC Annual Award for Outstanding Volunteers
2009 EOCI Volunteer Group of the Year.