Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We have a unique resource in our community—the Spirit Program of the Cancer Community Renewal Project. This program provides healing and wellness services for cancer patients and survivors. Check out how to contact this and other local resources.
- Spirit Program of the Cancer Community Renewal Project (CCRP) providing yoga, massage and exercise programs free of charge to local cancer survivors. Call Debra or Mikki at 541-276-0880 to sign up.
- Cancer Survivor Lunch Group at St. Anthony Hospital. Call June Mohrland at 541-278-3218.
- Breast Cancer Care Specialties, St. Anthony Hospital provides Lymphedema management & prosthesis fitting. Call 541-278-3224.
- Get the Basics from Credo Reference: authoritative articles, videos, and more online.
- Nursing students! The Nursing Resource Center lists thousands of articles on breast cancer and its treatments, including:
- See what's on our shelves: here's just a sample of books and videos on breast cancer in the BMCC Library.
National websites and organizations are also readily available for more comprehensive information:
- The American Cancer Society website includes detailed medical guides, treatment decision tools, video galleries and access to phone counseling.
- The National Cancer Institute has great free patient brochures.
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has great basic and in-depth information on breast cancer.