Grade Changes

College procedures allow for grade changes up to one year after the end of the term in which the course or courses were taken. Once a grade has been assigned other than an INC, the only acceptable reason for a grade change is instructor or college error. The instructor/student relationship in a given class concludes at the end of the term with the assignment of a grade unless the student receives a grade of INC to allow for the submission of late course work. If you cannot complete all of the course work before the end of the term, you should work with the instructor before the term ends to request a grade of INC. Otherwise, the only way that an instructor can agree to change your grade is for you to submit a grade appeal (see the section on grade appeals). All grade appeals are reviewed by the vice president of instruction and, if approved, sent to the registrar’s office for final processing.
(Information based on the printed 2013-14 Academic Catalog)