Grade Appeal Process

The responsibility for assigning grades rests with the individual instructor, who uses his or her best judgment in accordance with what is deemed fair, given the requirements of the course and the work performed by the student.
If you believe that you have been awarded an inappropriate grade by an instructor, you may fill out a grade appeal form and submit it to the Office of Instruction. This will initiate the grade appeal process as outlined in the Student’s Rights and Responsibilities Handbook. The vice president of instruction will forward appeals to the registrar’s office once a decision has been made. If the appeal results in a grade change the registrar’s office will process the change and notify the student by email once the change has been made.
(Information based on the printed 2013-14 Academic Catalog)