A.A.S./Electrician Apprenticeship Technologies
Industrial and Engineering Systems
(Limited entry program-Journeyman's card required)
Intended Program Outcomes (6000-8000 hours):
- Complete the 6000-8000 hours State of Oregon-approved on-the-job training. Apply theory to electrical wiring.
- Repair and install electrical wire devices according to licensure regulations to meet NEC and OSC for inside electrician, limited energy technician license A, limited manufacturing plant electrician, sign assembler/fabricator, sign maker/erector, and stationary engineer.
- Seventy-five percent of applicants have documented trade-specific skills listed on the Electrician Apprenticeship Trades Outcomes Assessment Tool.
- Complete required related training with a grade of C or better.
6000 Hour BOLI-ATD Trades: Limited Energy Technician-License A and Sign Maker/Fabricator.
8000 Hour BOLI-ATD Trades: Inside Electrician, Manufacturing Plant Electrician, Sign Assembler/Fabricator, Sign Maker/Erector and Stationary Engineer.
Intended Program Outcomes (4000 hours):
- Complete 4000 hours State of Oregon-approved on-the-job training (OJT)
- Repair or install electrical wire devices according to limited licensure regulations to meet NEC and OSC code for limited energy technician-license B, limited maintenance electrician, limited renewable energy technician, and limited residential electrician
4000 Hour BOLI-ATD Trades: Limited Energy Technician-license B, Limited Maintenance Electrician, Limited Renewable Energy Technician and Limited Residential Electrician. At least 90 credit hours of course work must be satisfactorily completed in order to receive this degree.
|Journey Credit for Prior Certification||20|
|WR060 Elements of the Essay (or higher)||3|
|COM100 Human Communications (or higher)||4|
|MTH070 Elementary Algebra (or higher)||5|
|Human Relations Electives||6|
|BA131 Introduction to Business Computing||4|
|or CS120 Concepts of Computing||(4)|
|LME Path includes 24 LME cr. + 24 electives (no more than 12 CT electives)||48|
|or Inside Electrician List||(48)|
|or LMPE List||(48)|
(This degree does not guarantee licensure)
(Information based on the 2013-14 BMCC Academic Catalog)