What are Career Pathways?
Career pathways are broad categories of career options that share similar characteristics and employment requirements that call for many common interests, strengths, and competencies. There are six broad career pathways; within each of those are career clusters that narrow down even further to specific career focus areas.
Career Pathway Roadmaps
- Administrative Office Professional
- Accounting Technology
- Agriculture Business
- Agriculture Production
- Business Administration
- Griswold HS Business & Management
- Griswold HS Financial Services
- Hermiston HS Business & Management
- Hermiston HS Financial Services
- McLoughlin HS Business & Management
- Riverside HS Business & Management
- Riverside HS Financial Services
- Stanfield HS Business & Management
- Ukiah HS Business & Management
- Umatilla HS Business & Management
- Construction Trades, General Apprenticeship
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Assisting
- Diesel Technology
- Drafting Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education-Infant/Toddler
- Electrician Apprenticeship
- Elementary Education
- Engineering Technologies
- Green Technologies Pathways
- Industrial Mechanics & Maintenance Technology Apprenticeship
How do I use this information?
As early as high school, students are starting to look at career pathways to identify the classes that they need to take to prepare themselves for employment. Those same career pathways are being used by BMCC students to identify career opportunities supported by the degrees and certificates gained at BMCC.
The following information describes each of those six career pathways and gives you information to help decide whether or not that is the path for you. As you look through the BMCC catalog you may notice the career pathway icons to which that degree or certificate is related. Use these tools to help you plan your college experience and career preparation. By having a plan, you can give purpose to your learning.