Students wishing to earn an elementary teaching license can complete the AAOT from BMCC and transfer to EOU to complete the teacher licensure program and a bachelors degree without traveling to EOU’s main campus. The whole bachelors degree can be earned at the Pendleton BMCC Campus. Student may also take many of their courses through distance education or at the outlining BMCC campuses. Work closely with our education advisor when choosing your program. Presently, programs in elementary education are offered at EOU and WOU (baccalaureate degree) and OSU, PSU, and SOU (Master’s degree). In addition, several private colleges and universities offer elementary and secondary education programs.
The first two years of this program at BMCC lead to an Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (AAOT) degree. The last two years can be completed through Eastern Oregon University (EOU) at the BMCC Pendleton campus through our CUESTE Program.
1. Are you within 100 hours of completion of all program and education requirements?
Print out the EOU CUESTE Checklist (Microsoft Excel File)
2. Are you enrolled in or have complete ED 200 with a grade of B or higher?
3. Have you completed 30 hours of experience with students in the age group you have chosen to teach (ED 280 Practicum)?
4. Have you taken and passed the EAS (Essential Academic Skills)? Register at www.orela.nesinc.com
5. Have you been admitted to Eastern Oregon University ? Admissions packets are available at www.eou.edu
Requirements for admission to CUESTE: (are subject to change)
Be sure and work closely with an education advisor when choosing your program.
For more information contact Cindy Lenhart. Phone: 541-278-5802 or email: email@example.com.