Application must be submitted by the close of business on: 07/22/2013
Full Time Faculty position in Pendleton
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications, based on Faculty Salary Scale
BMCC seeks multi-talented energetic Full-Time (tenure track) Nursing Instructor to instruct students in an Associate of Nursing Degree program. Ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in medical/surgical Nursing. Duties include lecture/theory courses, supervision of first and second year nursing students in clinical settings and assisting with instruction of basic nursing skills and skills labs. Position is open until filled; applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
• Masters Degree in Nursing and three (3) years of nursing experience.
• Must meet qualifications set forth by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
• Must hold an unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse license. Must obtain a license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Washington state within 45 days of employment.
• Must successfully complete a criminal history clearance prior to beginning employment.
• Valid Oregon driver’s license within 45 days of employment
• Equivalency of three (3) years full-time hospital practice and three (3) years teaching experience in Medical-Surgical nursing
• Teaching experience in nursing theory at the fundamental and advanced levels.
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
- A Completed BMCC Application Form PDF Version
- A signed Position Description. Nurse Educator
- A cover letter that addresses how you meet the minimum qualifications as outlined in the position description
- A copy of your current resumé.
- Names and telephone numbers of two immediate past supervisors.
- Transcripts of course work - graduate and undergraduate (if applicable) copies are acceptable for the application process
- Statement of Philosophy on The Modern Nurse Educator: The Educational Demands on Nursing Education
All application materials must be received by the Human Resources Office at the close of business on the first review or closing date. If you are unable to supply any of the items requested please notify our office, otherwise your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered further.
Candidates who possess minimum qualifications are not guaranteed an interview. Interviewees will be selected based upon department need, the pool of candidates and the quality of application materials. Candidates are encouraged to submit only what is requested for the application packet, no more and not less. Not following the application process may jeopardize your chances for serious consideration as a candidate.
As a condition of employment, you must be eligible to work in the United States. If an offer of employment is made, you must provide original documentation that you meet this criteria prior to starting work. The College reserves the right to make an appointment.
Materials submitted for a position become the property of BMCC and are not returned to the candidate. They will be retained with the recruitment file in accordance with our recruitment and hiring procedures. Please make a photocopy of your application materials before you submit them if you want them for further reference.
Please submit all documents to:
Human Resources Department
Blue Mountain Community College
P.O. Box 100
Pendleton, OR 97801
For questions call us at 541-278-5837 or 541-278-5850.
You may deliver the materials via:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail to PO Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801
- Fedex/UPS to 2411 NW Carden Avenue, Pendleton, OR 97801
BMCC is an equal opportunity employer and educator.