Application must be submitted by the close of business on: Open until filled
BMCC seeks applications year round for the Part-Time Instructor Pool. Assignment(s) may include day and/or evening courses, weekdays and/or weekends, face-to-face and/or distance-delivered instruction.
BMCC prefers instructors who live within commuting distance from any of our centers.
This recruitment process is to qualify you for possible future teaching assignments. Successful completion will result in your name joining the pool of instructors qualified to teach at BMCC.
Teaching demonstration may be required.
Minimum Qualifications – Bachelor’s degree in field and /or certification by recognized national certifying organization and appropriate experience.
Business (Must have professional credentials. Master's Degree preferred)
College Prep (pre-College) reading, writing, math
Computer Aided Drafting
GED/ESL (regular and correctional institutions assignments)
Lower Division Collegiate:
Minimum qualifications: Master’s degree in field or bachelor’s degree + 20 graduate hours in subject area.
Early Childhood Education
Benefits: Part Time Faculty
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
- A Completed BMCC Application Form PDF Version
- A signed Position Description. Part-time Instructors
- A cover letter that addresses how you meet the minimum qualifications as outlined in the position description
- A copy of your current resumé.
- Names and telephone numbers of three immediate past supervisors.
- Transcripts of course work - graduate and undergraduate (if applicable) copies are acceptable for the application process
- Statement of Philosophy on Teaching in a Community College
- Please include 3 or 4 courses you are most interested in teaching in your application packet. You may view the course descriptions at this web page: 1213 Course Descriptions (PDF)
All application materials must be received by the Human Resources Office at the close of business on the first review or closing date. If you are unable to supply any of the items requested please notify our office, otherwise your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered further.
Candidates who possess minimum qualifications are not guaranteed an interview. Interviewees will be selected based upon department need, the pool of candidates and the quality of application materials. Candidates are encouraged to submit only what is requested for the application packet, no more and not less. Not following the application process may jeopardize your chances for serious consideration as a candidate.
As a condition of employment, you must be eligible to work in the United States. If an offer of employment is made, you must provide original documentation that you meet this criteria prior to starting work. The College reserves the right to make an appointment.
Materials submitted for a position become the property of BMCC and are not returned to the candidate. They will be retained with the recruitment file in accordance with our recruitment and hiring procedures. Please make a photocopy of your application materials before you submit them if you want them for further reference.
Please submit all documents to:
Human Resources Department
Blue Mountain Community College
P.O. Box 100
Pendleton, OR 97801
For questions call us at 541-278-5837 or 541-278-5850.
You may deliver the materials via:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail to PO Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801
- Fedex/UPS to 2411 NW Carden Avenue, Pendleton, OR 97801
BMCC is an equal opportunity employer and educator.