Applied for Aid, What Next?
After you have applied, our office will receive your FAFSA information typically within 1 week (if you filed electronically or 1-2 weeks if you sent in the paper FAFSA). After we receive your FAFSA information we will send you a Financial Aid Information Request (FAIR) letter notifying you that we now have your information.
We may also require that you send us
- A SIGNED copy of your (and your parent's, if applicable) 2006 Federal Tax Return (only the 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ or Telefile – do not send copies of schedules or other forms used to prepare your taxes)
- Other documents (will be indicated on your letter)
After our office has received ALL requested documents:
- Your Financial Aid Advisor will review your file. Normal processing time is 3-4 weeks from the date our office received the last requested document. Should they need additional information you will be notified either by mail, email or by phone. Please be sure that you have updated your student information (address, phone number and email address) by logging into the Student wolfWeb on BMCC's web site at www.bluecc.edu.
- If corrections are necessary our office will submit them electronically.If no corrections are necessary your file will be considered “Ready to Award”
Awarding is done on a continuous basis. Initial Award Notifications for the 2007-08 academic year will will be sent out starting around June 1, 2007. Your Award Notification Packet will include:
- 2007-2008 Award Notification or Financial Aid Eligibilty Notification
- Information on How To Apply for Federal Stafford Loans and Student Employment
- A Student Support Services Program brochure