Research Paper Tips
If you are writing a Research paper, don't forget to ask Library Staff for assistance. We can help you find and obtain the materials you need.
Refining your topic
- Dissecting a Database: teach yourself searching (from UCLA)
- Research tutorial, e.g. using AND between keywords (a short refresher from UI Chicago)
- Primary and Secondary Sources
- You Quote it, You Note it! animated tutorial (from Acadia University)
- Plagiarism: What it is and how to avoid it including paraphrasing (from Indiana University)
- Avoid Accidental Plagiarism
- MLA/APA examples (from Duke University)
- Knightcite: MLA/APA/Chicago citation generator (from Calvin College) This generator automatically formats your information into the style of your choice.
- ACS Style Guidelines Quick Guide (from UC Berkeley)
- A Quick Guide to Citing Using the ACS Style Guide, 3rd Edition (from Pennsylvania State University)
- The Landmarks Citation Machine
- Style Guides: MLA | APA
Writing your PaperThe Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL, from Purdue University)