Academic Program Update
The BMCC Dental Assisting Program is on a one-year hiatus for academic year 2018-19.
The college is not yet accepting applications for the fall 2019 cohort. Continue to check this website for updated information.
If you have further questions, please contact the Student Success Center at 541-278-5853 or email@example.com.
WHEN TO APPLY: Application Period Opens: March 2, 2018
Blue Mountain Community College has 17 positions for our 2018/19 program. Applicants will be admitted in a date-completed order. You may complete and submit your application even if all prerequisite coursework has not been completed. All admission requirements must be met during or prior to the end of summer term 2018 in order to be considered for full admission to our program.
PROGRAM INFORMATION, DATES, AND DEADLINES
- 2018/19 Prerequisite Course/Placement Requirements: Below is a list of BMCC's prerequisite course/placement requirements for admission to our program. Transfer Students: Be sure to use our transfer tool "TES" to determine if one or more of your other college courses would be accepted towards meeting one or more of our course requirements. If you do not see your college or course listed, contact our Credentialing Specialist, Linnet Preston, for more information about your transfer coursework. You may contact Linnet by phone at (541) 278-5789 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Estimated Program Costs: Below is a list of BMCCs 2017/18 Program costs. These costs are to be used as a guide only as costs may increase for the 2018/19 year.
- Administrative Requirements for Health Profession Student Clinical Training: Below is a list of immunizations, screenings, training's, and insurance & liability coverage and other standards associated with our program.
- Important Dates and Deadlines: Dates and deadlines associated with our 2018/19 program are:
- Application Period: March 2, 2018 until all positions are filled.
- Admission Notifications: Notifications will begin on April 2, 2018 until all 17 positions have been filled.
- Mandatory Orientation Meeting: All applicants are required to attend. Wednesday, June 6, 2018 from 9 a.m. to Noon on the Pendleton campus. THIS HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
- Acceptance and Deposit: A $100 non-refundable deposit is due on Monday, July 9, 2018. If accepted after July 9, 2018, deposits will be due within two weeks of notification.
HOW TO APPLY
Before applying to our program please be sure to print and review our 2018/19 Dental Assisting Technician Admission Application Packet. Information about our program and requirements to apply are included in this packet.
To apply, complete and submit each of the following documents on or after March 2, 2018:
- BMCCs 2018/19 Dental Assisting Technician - Admission Application
- BMCCs Dental Assisting Technician - Statement of Understanding and Compliance
- Official High School Transcript/GED: Your transcript must be received in a sealed envelope from the high school or agency and contain your high school graduation date or date GED received.
- Proof of Age: Copy of your valid (not expired) driver's license or birth certificate. Applicants must be 18 years of age prior to Monday, September 24, 2018.
TRANSFER STUDENTS: If you wish to have credits from a regionally accredited college other than BMCC evaluated toward program entry requirements you must have official transcripts sent directly to BMCC, attn: Admissions Office. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure BMCC has received your official college transcripts on or prior to the application deadline. Note: BMCC only accepts credits from colleges that are regionally accredited and does not accept credits earned from foreign institutions.
Admission Questions: Contact our Admissions office at (541) 278-5747 or email us at email@example.com
Program Questions: For questions about our program please contact Crystal Patton-Doherty, Dental Assisting Program Director by phone at (541) 278- 5876 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org