GED preparation classes are available in English and Spanish. They prepare students for GED certification testing. A GED certificate equates to a high school diploma. At BMCC GED preparation can include earning college credit. The length of an individual program depends upon how much time and effort a student devotes to studying, and the level at which the student begins. Ongoing assessments determine individualized student progress. Assessments are given in these subject areas:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA)
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
For additional details about each subject area, visit the GED® Educator Handbook
BMCC students who earn a GED can choose to participate in the BMCC Commencement ceremony held in June.
Steps to Obtaining Your GED
- Contact BMCC College Prep via phone at 541-289-2836 for days and times of Information and Placement Sessions.
- Attend Sessions
- Bring Photo ID
- Know your Social Security number.
- Register for class
- Pay class fee $25 plus $9 tech fee per class
- Attend classes
- Meet with College Prep Navigator
- Instructor will assess and make recommendations for subject readiness
- Register for the GED test through ged.com
Testing accommodations may be requested through www.ged.com. Most accommodations requests can be processed within 30 days. However, if your situation is unusually complex, or if your documentation is not complete, it may take longer. GED Testing Accommodations