About the Program
College Prep is a department dedicated to preparing students for higher education and employment through instruction in the following programs:
- English Language Acquisition (ELA/ESL) for all levels of non-native English speaking students improve reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills to achieve their goals as family members, workers, community members, and lifelong learners.
- English for Careers is a program structured to allow ELA students the opportunity to earn college credit while improving English for the workplace.
- GED Preparation supports concurrent enrollment in college credit and GED courses
Students earn college credit while preparing for GED certification. The student schedule includes basic math, writing, and reading courses that are tied to college credit.
- Basic Skills programming provides instruction in foundational math, writing, and reading.
Oregon Learning Standards are a framework for all ABS curriculum.
Zoom - Virtual Information Sessions
Join our scheduled Virtual Information Sessions and learn more about how BMCC will continue to support GED and ELA/ESL students.
Scheduled Virtual Information Session Times:
- GED Virtual Information Session: Monday, 6/22 at 9 am or 1pm
- ELA Virtual Information Session: Tuesday 6/23 at 9am or 1pm
We'll have staff ready to answer your questions from your computer, iPad, or smart phone.
Use the Zoom Link to connect to the Virtual Information Sessions: https://bluecc.zoom.us/j/95301450001
Below we've provided documents and tutorials to assist if you are having trouble getting connect.
If you require additional assistance our Help Desk System is available to get you into the Zoom Meetings.