About the Program
The Business Administration Department works closely with area employers to ensure that programs are current and graduates meet local employers' needs. Faculty members participate on ongoing professional development and use technology in their daily lives.
The programs are within these general categories:
- Administrative office professionals perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to run an organization efficiently. They serve as information and communication managers for an office; plan and schedule meetings and appointments; organize and maintain paper and electronic files; manage projects; conduct research; and disseminate information in a variety of formats. BMCC offers degrees with legal or medical emphases.
- The business administration degree is one of the most sought after by employers as it covers such a wide area of expertise. Some jobs available to you with a business administration degree are accounting management, business information system manager, hospitality management, human resource management, sales and marketing positions, and small business management.
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks are financial record keepers. They update and maintain accounting records, including those which calculate expenditures, receipts, accounts payable and receivable, and profit and loss. These workers have a wide range of skills from full-charge bookkeepers, who can maintain an entire company’s books, to accounting clerks, who handle specific tasks. All these clerks make numerous computations each day and must be comfortable using computers to calculate and record data.
- The modern hospitality industry is more than hotel and restaurant management, and it includes casinos, resorts, cruise ships, and more. BMCC’s hospitality program can prepare you for the changing requirements businesses are seeking from today's applicants.
- Business-specific transfer degrees allow students to complete their first two years at BMCC and then transfer to Oregon colleges with junior status. There are two options: the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (with business electives) and the Associate of Science Oregon Transfer—Business.
For more information about programs and courses, click on the Degrees and Certificates link on the left.
Students within these programs benefit from having guest speakers, employer panels, cooperative work experience opportunities, and internships with local employers. Information about those opportunities is within the Employer Connections link on the left.
Business Operations Support Specialist (BOSS) certificate
If you want to get started working in an office, the Business Operations Support Specialist certificate is a perfect place to begin. The certificate requires 8 classes (31 credits), and those classes also count towards the 2-year AAS Business Administration degree requirements. Below are two videos that may help answer your questions.
The Employer's Perspective
The Employee's Perspective
For more information about any of our programs, please contact us. Our contact information is on our Faculty and Staff page.
- Jun 25
No information for likes
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/this-is-the-most-regretted-college-major-in-america/ar-AADopbl?ocid=ientp 1st Regret - Student Loan 2nd Regret - Some majors
- Jun 22
No information for likes
BMCC Business Administration is offering the following courses online summer 2019 term: BA101 Intro to Business BA110X Business Computer Applications/MS Excel BA111 Basic Accounting BA116 Bookkeeping Practices BA131 Intro to Business Computing BA206 Principles of Management BA209Q Accounting Applications/QuickBooks BA213 Principles of Accounting III BA223 Principles of Marketing BA226 Business Law BA280 CWE BA285 Human Relations in Business BT120 Computer Keyboarding HTM131 Customer Service Management LD133 Workplace Culture LD150 Cultivating Self-Care LD215 Emotional Intelligence Go to https://ais1.bluecc.edu/StudentResources/login.asp?jumpto=%2Fstudentresources%2FDefault.asp to register. Classes start on Monday.