Policy I. A. - BMCC Mission and Vision
Blue Mountain Community College is a two-year public institution of higher education, whose district comprises Morrow, Umatilla, and Baker Counties, and serves constituents both in and out of the district.
Blue Mountain Community College will be the leading educational and training institution in eastern Oregon.
Blue Mountain Community College will realize its vision by providing high-quality programs for college preparation, college transfer, career/technical, workforce development, and self-improvement that will strengthen the economy and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The College provides dynamic and innovative programs and delivery methods in response to the changing needs of our customers: the students, businesses, industries, and communities of eastern Oregon.
Focus on Student Success in a Premier Learning Environment:
- Enhance Student Support
- Enhance Relevant and Comprehensive Curriculum
- Increase Access Through Innovative Delivery Methods and Systems
- Develop Employees to Their Highest Potential
- Strengthen Institution Through Assessment and Planning
- Increase Resources for Financial Growth and Stability
- Grow Community Partnerships
- Integrate and Expand Marketing and Recruitment
Mission/Vision Adopted 10/15/03
Revised 1/26/04; 06/06/07