Policy IV. B. - Treatment of People
Treatment of and dealing with students, employees, and persons from the community shall not be inhumane, unfair, or undignified.
Accordingly, the President shall not:
- Operate without policies or procedures that set forth employee and student rules, provide for effective handling of grievances, and insure due process.
- Discriminate against anyone for expressing an ethical dissent.
- Fail to comply with all laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to employees and students, including those pertaining to discrimination and equal opportunity.
- Prevent students and employees from using established grievance procedures.
- Fail to acquaint students and College employees with their rights and responsibilities.
- Fail to take prompt and appropriate action when the President becomes aware of any violation of laws, rules, or regulations or of Board policies.
Adopted 5/19/99 Revised 06/06/07