These are the essential steps to applying to grant funding at BMCC
1. Grant Proposal Packet and Intent to Submit a Grant Form
Institutional approval is required before seeking funding. Using these mandatory forms, work with the Grants Manager to get your project approved.
- Grant Proposal Packet: This packet will help you articulate your idea, share it with others, and get ready to start a grant application narrative.
- Intent to Submit a Grant: This mandatory form gives institutional approval to move forward with seeking grant funding. Complete, sign and submit it to the Grants Manager along with your Grant Proposal Packet. The Grants Manager will forward it to the Executive Team for approval.
2. Grant Proposal Development
- Narrative: The Project Lead will write the grant proposal narrative and respond to specific application questions, requesting draft text and information from faculty and staff members as appropriate. The Grants Manager will support Project Leads as needed to develop narratives, including writing, reviewing, editing, and providing feedback, suggestions and tools.
- Budget: The Project Lead will consult with the Grant & Operations Accountant for development of a budget, using the budget worksheet in the Grant Proposal Packet as a guideline.
3. Proposal Submission
The Grants Manager will submit the grant proposal online under a central BMCC account.
The full Grant Development Administrative Procedure can be found here.