The bookstore will give full refunds on textbooks purchased from the BMCC bookstore provided:
- The original receipt is presented. The receipt proves an item was purchased at the BMCC Bookstore and when it was purchased.
- The book is unmarked and in original condition (no erasures) and in original packaging or shrink-wrap.
- The book is returned within two weeks of the original purchase date and no later than the second Friday after classes begin for traditional full term courses. Books for short term or one day classes are only returnable prior to the first class meeting.
All other non-book items are returnable for refund or replacement only if defective.
When a request for a textbook refund is made after the first two weeks of the original purchase date and/or the return is not in original condition:
- Consumer will be referred to the end-of-term buyback (see Used Book Buyback below); or,
- Consumer may have the option of selling books to the bookstore at wholesale prices or direct to a wholesale book company; or,
- Full refunds may be given under special circumstances with the approval of bookstore management (e.g. death in the family, or other such matters); or,
- Consumer may be offered a reduced refund amount.
Materials NOT Returnable
- Books purchased elsewhere are NOT returnable to BMCC. We may be interested in buying the book at buyback, but it is not eligible for a return.
- Opened access codes are NEVER returnable. There is no way for the Bookstore to know if the code has been used or not.
- Bundled, wrapped or packaged items that have been opened. They are no longer considered new and are not returnable by the Bookstore to suppliers.