Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA)
- Enacted and effective Aug 14, 2008 to reauthorize the Higher Education Act of 1965 with new amendments.
- Any college receiving Title IV funding (Federal Financial Aid) is REQUIRED to comply.
- New sections addressing costs to students including textbooks as well as tuition and fee transparency.
- Other notable changes include:
- State appropriations must equal previous five year funding average or risk losing some federal grant funding.
Numerous changes to Pell Grants.
- Increased institutional responsibility for student loan administration.
- Campus Safety Planning.
- Planning to detect and prevent unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material on campus networks.
Improvements to the FAFSA process.