Submit the Course Material Adoption Form by one of the following methods:
- Email – email@example.com
- Fax – 541-278-5842
- Academic Department Specialists or Center Office Specialists can forward your information.
- In Person.
ADOPTIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE
If you do not submit your adoption by the deadline, the bookstore will order what was used in the past and you will may not be able to change your adoption. Any changes after the deadline require the approval of the Vice President of Instruction and are dependent on the financial impact the change will have on the students and the institutionally own bookstore
EVEN IF YOU AREN’T USING ANY MATERIALS, YOU HAVE TO TELL THE BOOKSTORE
We will not assume that a lack of an adoption means no materials are required. If we don’t receive an adoption we will order whatever was utilized in the past.
PLEASE RESPOND WHETHER YOU ARE CHANGING ANYTHING OR NOT
If you don’t respond, we will assume our information is correct and proceed accordingly.
When in doubt, check with your department head. Your department may have specific materials you are required to use.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
- ISBN – This will inform us exactly what you want as each different titled book and each bundle of the book have unique ISBN’s.
- NOTE: Please keep in mind how important the correct ISBN is. A popular textbook through a major publisher may have 20 different ISBN’s available based on varying formats and bundles. Even access codes come in a variety of formats (Course Compass, eCollege, Course Connect, Blackboard, etc.), each with its own different ISBN when bundled.
- Author, Title, Edition, Publisher.
- Will alternate formats be acceptable such as unbound or e-books? If so, did the publisher provide you with the ISBN’s? This is especially important if the alternative format is to be bundled with something.
- Is this a workbook of any kind where students write in it or where pages are removed which would prevent us buying it back?
- Are you adopting just the text or the text and other bundled components that are required? Affects buyback, used books and rentals.
- Some books come automatically bundled when purchased from the publisher, are you using these bundled items or is the text only acceptable?
- What are your plans for the future? As soon as you start thinking that you might change books, editions or bundles, let the Bookstore know.
- If your section uses something different from other sections.
- Whether an older edition is acceptable instead of the current edition.
- Any special notes or direction you want us to give to students. We can include this information on our website and as signage in our store.
- Any additional information that you can think of that might affect our buying decisions.
WHAT YOU DON’T NEED TO SUBMIT
- How many enrolled – we have access to this information.
- Class limit – we have access to this information.
- How many sections – we have access to this information