On behalf of the faculty and staff, it is my pleasure to welcome you to the BMCC family. Whether you are joining us for college preparation, college transfer, technical training, for assistance with workforce development, or self-improvement and personal growth, we are all committed to your success.
As BMCC’s Interim President, I’m tasked with making sure the College stays on track with achieving the goals and initiatives it has set forth until a permanent president is hired by the Board of Education. To accomplish this, I’ve outlined six primary goals for my time with BMCC:
- Keep “Students First” as the focus.
- Support the BMCC Board of Education in a successful search for a new president and ensure that the onboarding for a new president is in place.
- Support the BMCC leadership team to continue to lead and continue the culture of respect, care and family.
- Be attentive to transition issues within the College community and the community as a whole, and address them in a timely manner. This includes increasing communications in this time of transition.
- Ensure that the BMCC Strategic Plan moves forward as planned and assist the College to not take on major new initiatives and be focused.
- Complete and present the budget for 2019-2020.
I’m fortunate to have stepped into the interim position in an organization that is strong, with many talented individuals assisting our students to meet their educational aspirations. I hope you find your experience at BMCC personally and educationally rewarding. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Dr. Connie Green
Blue Mountain Community College