- How do I get started at BMCC?
- When do I register for classes?
- What if I am not here when BMCC starts registration?
- Where do I register for classes?
- I don't have a computer at home. How am I supposed to register?
Placement Assessment and Testing
- How long does it take to do the placement assessment?
- Do I need to take placement tests and why?
- What if I have taken a placement test at another college or have taken the prerequisite math and writing classes at another college?
- Do I need to make an appointment to take the placement test or to have a class test proctored?
- Do I need to bring anything with me when I come in to take a test?
- What are the testing center hours?
- Does it cost anything to take a test in the Testing Center?
- How do I get an advisor?
- Who is my Academic Advisor?
- What does meeting with an Academic Advisor mean?
- What if I'm not seeking a degree or certificate?
- What should I do before my Advising Appointment?
- What happens during the Advising Appointment?
- What do I do after an Advising Appointment?
Go to www.bluecc.edu, WolfWeb. Select the Getting Started button and then select the profile that best describes you. If you are a transfer student, be sure to have your other college transcripts sent to BMCC. Next steps are to:
- Applyfor financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). BMCC's federal school code is 003186.
- Take the placement assessments;
- Complete our online New Student Orientation (you will receive the link to complete this as soon as you apply for admission).
"Getting Started" in the catalog (which is available online) outlines these steps and will refer you to pages in the catalog that go into more detail about each of these steps.
Registration information is posted on our website at www.bluecc.edu; it is also in the front of the course catalog; and is available from the front counter at each BMCC location.
If you have not moved to Pendleton yet, or are taking Distance Education classes and live some distance away from campus, special arrangements can be made to have a phone advising session. Since registration is online, you can do it from anywhere you have internet access.
You can register online on our website at www.bluecc.edu. Information will be available on the web to show you how and will also be covered in our online New Student Orientation.
Computer kiosks are available at all BMCC campuses and branches for your use. If you do not live near a BMCC site, most public libraries have computers available for the public's use.
There are actually three different assessments. The math, the reading, and the writing assessment can take up to 3 hours to complete. Assessments are self-paced and may not take that long to complete. Students are encouraged to do them all at once, but if you absolutely cannot be here that long, then you can start and finish later, or just do one assessment at a time.
Placement assessments are mandatory if you plan to take math or writing classes. However, there are many options that can waive the requirement to take one or more of these assessments. Options include:
- Completion of an Associate of Arts or a Bachelor of Science Degree;
- Completion of a math and/or writing class from another college with a grade of "C" or better,;
- Completion of high school within the last 5 years with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
In most cases we can allow the assessments or classes taken at another college to meet the prerequisites for our math and writing classes. You can get a copy of the placement assessment or an unofficial transcript from the college and attach it to a completed "Transfer Prerequisite Override" form which can be found on the BMCC website under "Forms for Students". Your request will be reviewed within 1 - 2 business days.
No. You may take your placement assessments Monday - Thursday from 8 - 5 p.m. and Fridays from 10 - 5 pm at the Pendleton Testing Center. If you plan to take your assessments at another BMCC location be sure to contact them to find out their testing center hours. Note: During the summer months all BMCC locations are closed on Fridays. Testing Center is closed.
You will be required to show a valid (not expired) picture ID prior to testing. If permitted, calculators will be provided.
For testing hours at any BMCC location other than Pendleton, call that location directory or refer to the hours posted on the center website.
In most cases no, however, there may be a charge to proctor tests from other colleges, or for agencies. For more information, go to our Testing Center webpage.
Once you have completed your online admission application, completed your placement assessments or had your assessments waived, and completed our online new student orientation, you will meet with your Success Coach. During your meeting your success coach will assign you to your faculty advisor.
If you are a returning student and need an advisor or would like to switch advisors, contact our Student Success Center located in Morrow Hall on the Pendleton campus.
If you view your printable student schedule, your Advisor's name will show in the top right hand corner, or any Service Center or Success Center staff can look this information up for you.
Once you have selected your degree intent, whether it is Business Administration, an Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer, or Undecided... you will communicate one-on-one with an Academic Advisor and together you will ensure that the courses that you have selected to take will help you progress towards our educational goal.
If you are not seeking a degree or certificate from BMCC, ensure that your degree intent in WolfWeb is set to "Just Taking Classes". You will not need to meet with an academic advisor.
Review the current class schedule, be thinking about what career's interest you, and come prepared to chat.
During the appointment, your Success Coach will ask you questions about:
- Career Possibilities
- Time Availability
- Preferences regarding Class Types (distance education, on-campus)
- What you'd like to do after you have achieved your educational goal
Register for the classes that you selected when meeting with your success coach. You will do this by accessing the WolfWeb. If you have questions or trouble registering contact your Success Coach or the staff at our Service Center can assist you.