Business Meetings: For Spring 2017 Term-
Tuesdays 4:00pm in the Boardroom in Pioneer Hall - Meetings are open to students and staff.
2016/2017 ASG OFFICERS
President Kristine Bivins
Vice-President Jaycee Barron
Secretary Olivia Steffey
Treasurer Evelia Lopez
Activities Coordinator Ian Speed
Outreach Coordinator Sarah Bonner
Publicity Coordinator Emily Vandehey
2015/2016 ASG SENATORS
- Welcome Back BBQ: To kick off the year, ASG sponsors a BBQ. Come meet new students and staff and enjoy a free lunch. The event is located outside of Pioneer Hall/Bookstore.
- Halloween Costume Contest: Dress up and show up in your Halloween costume to be a part of the contest! Stop by the ASG office to get your picture taken. Prizes will be awarded. Or just stop by for a Halloween treat!
- Veterans Day Celebration
- Turkey Race
- BMCC Christmas Eve Dinner: The ASG sponsored Christmas Eve Dinner has provided free meals to needy families in the community, since 1970. The dinner is located in the Student Union in Pioneer Hall on Christmas Eve, a Santa room with Santa Claus visits with children and gifts are provided to all ages. Questions, please call (541) 278-5948. ASG coordinates and hosts this event. Volunteers are a big part of the success.
- Team Spirit: The ASG shows their team spirt by attending sports events. All students are encouraged to attend and support the BMCC Timberwolves Teams.
- Valentine's Day: Stop the ASG office in Pioneer Hall to get your free Valentine's Day treat.
- Arts and Culture Festival: ASG hosts a free BBQ lunch during the annual Arts and Culture Festival. Serves at the salmon dinner. Stop by to enjoy the activities planned for Art and Culture.
- Spring Fling: Spring Fling is wonderful time for students and staff to take a break from all their hard work. The event offers fun activities, such as inflatable games, music, free lunch and refreshments. Grab your friends and come join the ASG for a couple hours of fun. The event is located outside of Pioneer & Morrow Halls in the Quad.
- Club Fair: The Club Fair is an opportunity for students to learn more about the clubs that are offered at BMCC. Each club representative will provide information about their club activities.
- Student Appreciation Days: ASG provides free lunch to students. Lunch is served in front of the ASG office located in Pioneer Hall.
BMCC outlying centers: ASG works closely with the outlying centers including Hermiston, Boardman, Milton-Freewater, and Baker City to provide assistance and outreach to the students at those centers.
Request for Funds
BMCC clubs or groups may submit a Request for Funds to ASG<
> for school related events/activities. Fundraising is encouraged and ASG can match up to $500.00. Please turn in the completed request for funds form to the ASG Advisor Anne Livingston, office located in Morrow Hall 125, no later than Friday of 5th week of each term.
Request for Funds due
October 30, 2016
February 5, 2017
April 29, 2017
A club or department representative must attend an ASG meeting and provide a short presentation about the request. The requests will be reviewed and voted on at an ASG meeting.
Meet YOUR Team
Kristine Bivins is this year’s ASG President, she is an open-minded and talkative leader from Hermiston, Oregon. Kris enjoys watching basketball, traveling and hanging out with friends and family!
Olivia (Brolivia) Steffey is this year’s ASG Secretary, she is a talented and friendly leader from Hermiston, Oregon. She has an interest in science and medicine. Olivia also loves art and playing her ukulele! She also plans to travel as much as she can!
Evelia Lopez is this year’s ASG Treasurer, she is a sassy and loyal leader from Hermiston Oregon. She is currently working toward her A.A.O.T degree so that she can transfer to a University and get her degree in Dental Hygiene. Evelia loves shoes, sparkles, traveling and exploring the wilderness. Most importantly she enjoys doing things with her loved ones.
Sarah Bonner is this year’s ASG Outreach Coordinator, she is a trustworthy and enthusiastic leader who comes from Billings, Montana. Sarah is also on the BMCC Softball team, come watch her and the other Lady Timberwolves play! Her favorite activities are softball, camping and spending time with family. Sarah loves Laffy Taffy jokes and her favorite color is purple!
Emily Vandehey is this year’s ASG Publicity Coordinator, she is a hardworking and encouraging leader from Hermiston Oregon. Emily was very involved in FFA in high school which fueled her passion for agriculture, she is now working toward becoming an agriculture teacher and FFA advisor. Emily loves a good cup of coffee and her chickens.
Jaycee Barron is the ASG Vice President, she is a dedicated and extraordinary leader from Hermiston Oregon. She plans to pursue a career in computer science. In her spare time she enjoys writing and drawing!
Tiffanee Lewis is a second year student and an ASG Senator, she is polite and responsible leader that is from Benton City Washington. Tiffanee is working toward her A.A.O.T so that she can discover her passion. She enjoys watching “The Office” and “My 600lb life” while drinking tea with her mom. She is also on the BMCC Rodeo team so she enjoys evening rides with her horses and rodeo practice with her family on the weekends.
Elizabeth Cox is an ASG Senator from Echo, Oregon. Lizzi is currently working on her A.A.O.T.
Ian Speed is the ASG Activities Coordinator from Athena, Oregon. Ian is looking into a career in political science, he enjoys reading about politics and playing video games. Ian's favorite music is heavy metal or hard rock and his favorite band is System of a Down.
Dylan (Dillweed) Hodges is an ASG Senator from Hermiston, Oregon. Dylan is interested in becoming an electrical engineer. His hobbies include paintballing and playing lacrosse. He enjoys long walks on the beach followed with a Mariachi Band.