Application for Degrees & Certificates
Students must apply to have their degree and or certificate posted to their official grade transcript. To apply, complete BMCC's Application for Graduation. Students are strongly encourage to complete and return applications at least two (2) terms prior to program completion. There is no fee to apply!
Curriculum deviations: all requests for waivers and exceptions to requirements for degrees and certificates must be submitted to the Office of Instruction. Curriculum Deviation Forms are available on our staff web.
- Students planning to participate in our June 2017 commencement must submit their application no later than April 7, 2017.
- BMCC has an auto award policy. If, during a review of your transcript history, we find that you have completed your intended degree or certificate we email you to notify you that your degree or certificate has been posted. You have five days to notify the Registrar’s Office to "Opt out" of having your certificate or degree conferred.
Diplomas are mailed within 30 days of the end of each term. Spring diplomas are mailed out on or prior to August 15th.
Student Commencement Speaker
To apply to be a student speaker at our June 2017 Commencement Ceremony, please complete the Student Commencement Speaker Application by Friday, March 31, 2017.
Qualifications to apply:
- Must have graduated at the end of Summer 2016, Fall 2016,
- Will graduate at the end of Winter or Spring 2017
- Must be in good academic standing at BMCC
Deadline to apply: Friday, March 31, 2017.
Commencement 2017 News: To find out more about our Annual Commencement, Nurses Pinning ceremony, and how to order your cap and gown go to our Commencement web page
Note - The last day to order your Cap and Gown and other commencement supplies is May 8, 2017 by 8:00 p.m. To order your Cap and Gown go to our Bookstore website