The Business Administration Department works closely with area employers to ensure that programs are current and graduates meet local employers' needs. Faculty members participate on ongoing professional development and use technology in their daily lives.
The programs are within these general categories:
- Administrative office professionals perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to run an organization efficiently. They serve as information and communication managers for an office; plan and schedule meetings and appointments; organize and maintain paper and electronic files; manage projects; conduct research; and disseminate information in a variety of formats. BMCC offers degrees with legal or medical emphases.
- The business administration degree is one of the most sought after by employers as it covers such a wide area of expertise. Some jobs available to you with a business administration degree are accounting management, business information system manager, hospitality management, human resource management, sales and marketing positions, and small business management.
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks are financial record keepers. They update and maintain accounting records, including those which calculate expenditures, receipts, accounts payable and receivable, and profit and loss. These workers have a wide range of skills from full-charge bookkeepers, who can maintain an entire company’s books, to accounting clerks, who handle specific tasks. All these clerks make numerous computations each day and must be comfortable using computers to calculate and record data.
- The modern hospitality industry is more than hotel and restaurant management, and it includes casinos, resorts, cruise ships, and more. BMCC’s hospitality program can prepare you for the changing requirements businesses are seeking from today's applicants.
- Business-specific transfer degrees allow students to complete their first two years at BMCC and then transfer to Oregon colleges with junior status. There are two options: the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (with business electives) and the Associate of Science Oregon Transfer—Business.
For more information about programs and courses, click on the Degrees and Certificates link on the left.
Students within these programs benefit from having guest speakers, employer panels, cooperative work experience opportunities, and internships with local employers. Information about those opportunities is within the Employer Connections link on the left.
Business Operations Support Specialist (BOSS) certificate
If you want to get started working in an office, the Business Operations Support Specialist certificate is a perfect place to begin. The certificate requires 8 classes (31 credits), and those classes also count towards the 2-year AAS Business Administration degree requirements. Below are two videos that may help answer your questions.
The Employer's Perspective
The Employee's Perspective
For more information about any of our programs, please contact us. Our contact information is on our Faculty and Staff page.
- Jan 17
No information for likes
Position Announcement for City of Heppner. 01-03-2018 Announcement listed below: Finance Officer - $20.00 to $23.00 per hour. The City of Heppner is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Finance Officer. Under direction of the City Manager the Finance Officer performs accounting and financial duties and serves as the Treasurer under the City Charter. The City Finance Officer is responsible for generation of monthly financials, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and other duties as assigned. Also, assists City Manager in developing the annual City Budget. To be considered please submit a cover letter and resume to City of Heppner, PO Box 756, Heppner, OR 97836 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position closes by 5p.m. on February 1st.
- Jan 10
No information for likes
https://www.inc.com/betsy-mikel/this-feel-good-perk-to-combat-stress-has-employees-squealing-with-delight.html Does this work? I don't know.