The Business Administration Department works closely with area employers to ensure that programs are current and graduates meet local employers' needs. Faculty members participate on ongoing professional development and use technology in their daily lives.
The programs are within these general categories:
- Administrative office professionals perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to run an organization efficiently. They serve as information and communication managers for an office; plan and schedule meetings and appointments; organize and maintain paper and electronic files; manage projects; conduct research; and disseminate information in a variety of formats. BMCC offers degrees with legal or medical emphases.
- The business administration degree is one of the most sought after by employers as it covers such a wide area of expertise. Some jobs available to you with a business administration degree are accounting management, business information system manager, hospitality management, human resource management, sales and marketing positions, and small business management.
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks are financial record keepers. They update and maintain accounting records, including those which calculate expenditures, receipts, accounts payable and receivable, and profit and loss. These workers have a wide range of skills from full-charge bookkeepers, who can maintain an entire company’s books, to accounting clerks, who handle specific tasks. All these clerks make numerous computations each day and must be comfortable using computers to calculate and record data.
- The modern hospitality industry is more than hotel and restaurant management, and it includes casinos, resorts, cruise ships, and more. BMCC’s hospitality program can prepare you for the changing requirements businesses are seeking from today's applicants.
- Business-specific transfer degrees allow students to complete their first two years at BMCC and then transfer to Oregon colleges with junior status. There are two options: the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (with business electives) and the Associate of Science Oregon Transfer—Business.
For more information about programs and courses, click on the Degrees and Certificates link on the left.
Students within these programs benefit from having guest speakers, employer panels, cooperative work experience opportunities, and internships with local employers. Information about those opportunities is within the Employer Connections link on the left.
Business Operations Support Specialist (BOSS) certificate
If you want to get started working in an office, the Business Operations Support Specialist certificate is a perfect place to begin. The certificate requires 8 classes (31 credits), and those classes also count towards the 2-year AAS Business Administration degree requirements. Below are two videos that may help answer your questions.
The Employer's Perspective
The Employee's Perspective
For more information about any of our programs, please contact us. Our contact information is on our Faculty and Staff page.
- Nov 18
Simplot Grower Solutions NOW HIRING Scale House Clerk This position is responsible for helping to maintain the day-to-day operation and general clerical duties associated with operation of a scale house and office assistant. This position is full time and may require some evenings and weekends with overtime available. Successful candidates will have experience with Microsoft Office Products, multi-line phone systems, faxes, copiers, the ability to multi-task, work with a variety of personality types and have attention to detail. Job duties may include: • Ensure that the trucks are properly positioned on scales for accurate weights. • Inspect loads and query drivers as required. Enter load information into computer and operate computerized truck scale to determine weight of load • Instruct drivers to appropriate load/unload area • Redirect loads based on load contents • File weight tickets for each load, record and secure receipts, and maintain records of incoming/outgoing loads. • Communicate information with Umatilla location as needed Must be reliable based on stable work history, have reliable transportation, one-year experience with a general office environment, be authorized to work in the US, pass a background check and a drug test. $14+ DOE Apply today at 1013 Umatilla River Rd, Umatilla OR or submit a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oct 31
Tomorrow there will be a workshop in M-100 at 10am. • Wednesday November 1, 2017 Customer Service To join the meeting through Zoom use the following link. https://zoom.us/j/5412785740