Blue Mountain Community College and Linn Benton Community College have partnered to bring the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program to Eastern Oregon. This is a two-year associate degree program designed to prepare the student to function as an entry-level occupational therapy assistant (OTA).
OTAs work under the supervision of occupational therapists to help clients develop, maintain, and/or regain health and function through the use of purposeful activity. They address physical, mental, and social components of activity as they work with clients to improve the underlying cause of impairment and/or to adapt activities for client success. Traditional students attend class on the LBCC campus while distance education students attend classes in real time via the Internet allowing participation from remote sites. Graduates will be eligible and prepared to sit for the national certification examination.
Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC)
in partnership with
Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC)
- Estimated Total Cost: $23,000 (see page 3 of LBCC Fall 2017 Bulletin for details; subject to increase).
- Program dates : Fall Term 2017 through Spring Term 2019
- Application period: April 10, 2017 through 5 p.m. on April 21, 2017. Neither early nor late applications will be considered.
- Application materials to be sent to:
- BMCC/Attn; Admissions: Supporting documentation for application and $80 Application fee (check made out to LBCC)
- Admission selection by: BMCC based on BMCC's point system and interview process
- Number accepted for BMCC: Up to two (2) students annually
- Points Letter: Emailed the week of May 22, 2017.
- Admission Decision: Emailed the week of June 26,2017
- Non-Refundable Deposit (Admitted students only): See LBCCs Fall 2017 Bulletin
For questions about the program or application process, please contact the Office of Instruction, Wade Muller, at (541) 278-5971 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.