Blue Mountain Community College and Linn Benton Community College have partnered to bring the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program to Eastern Oregon. This is a two-year associate degree program designed to prepare the student to function as an entry-level occupational therapy assistant (OTA).
OTAs work under the supervision of occupational therapists to help clients develop, maintain, and/or regain health and function through the use of purposeful activity. They address physical, mental, and social components of activity as they work with clients to improve the underlying cause of impairment and/or to adapt activities for client success. Traditional students attend class on the LBCC campus while distance education students attend classes in real time via the Internet allowing participation from remote sites. Graduates will be eligible and prepared to sit for the national certification examination.
- Partnership with: Linn-Benton Community College
- Program Dates: Fall Term 2018 through Spring Term 2020
- Application Dates:
- Application period opens: April 16, 2018 8 a.m.
- Application period closes: April 27, 2018 5 p.m.
- Admission selection by: BMCC based on BMCC's point system and interview process
- Number accepted for BMCC: Up to two (2) students annually
To apply see Information and Deadlines.
For questions about the program or application process, please contact the Office of Instruction, Wade Muller, at (541) 278-5971 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.