Blue Mountain Community College and Wenatchee Valley College have partnered to bring the Medical Laboratory Technician program to Eastern Oregon. Many opportunities await those choosing careers in medicine and science. One of the most rewarding is medical laboratory technology. As members of the medical team, technicians work side by side with medical technologists and pathologists and have relatively less contact with patients. Medical laboratory technicians (MLT's) perform a great variety of scientific laboratory procedures, utilizing automated computerized instrumentation, all of which aid in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
A partnership with Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC),
Wenatchee Valley College (WVC), and Interpath Laboratory
- Program start date: Summer 2016
- Application Period: March 28, 2016 through April 2, 2016
- Applications will not be accepted prior to or after the application window. Mailed applications must be postmarked by the last day of the application window
- Application packets to be mailed to Wenatchee Valley College
- Admission selection done by: Wenatchee Valley College and Interpath Laboratory
- Number accepted for BMCC location: Up to two (2) students annually
In addition to employment in medical laboratories, graduates pursue positions in research, molecular biology, industry and veterinary laboratories, as well as medical supply and equipment sales.
This program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) 5600 N. River Rd. Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119.
For more information about this program, application and admission process go to http://www.wvc.edu/directory/departments/medlabtech/mltadmission.asp
Or contact BMCC’s Office of Instruction, Wade Muller, at (541) 278-5971 or by email to email@example.com.