This program is designed to allow students to take their prerequisite coursework at Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC). The radiology technologist courses will be taken via distance education through Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC) while staying in Eastern Oregon. Students who live in the BMCC service district (Umatilla, Morrow and Baker counties) as well as center-out-of-district (COD) service district (Grant county) may apply for the Diagnostic Imaging program through BMCC.
- Partnership with: Linn-Benton Community College
- Program Dates: June 19, 2017 through March 2019
- Application period: January 9, 2017 through midnight online. on January 20,2017
- Application materials sent to:
- LBCC: Must complete LBCC's online admission application process
- BMCC: BMCC, Attn: Admissions, PO Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801
- Admission selection by: BMCC based on BMCC's point system and interview process
- Number accepted from BMCC: Up to two (2) students annually
The purpose of the program is to prepare students to practice as proficient, multi-skilled professionals in culturally diverse health care settings, to demonstrate outcomes required by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and program guideline and to prepare students for application and completion of ARRT certification examinations. Upon completion of program and the general education requirements students will be eligible to apply for an Associate of Applied Science degree from Linn-Benton Community College. For more information see LBCC’s website.
Program Format: Classes are tailored specifically to the students in the training. Students attend class for approximately 40 hours a week. It does not follow the traditional college terms. Classes taught using "Virtual Classroom" and a robust online course management system. Lab experiences will take place at a local healthcare facility and/or the Lebanon lab. Distance Education students should expect to make a minimum of 7 trips to the LBCC campus during the course of the program. Once enrolled in the Diagnostic Imaging program, students are LBCC students and are supported by LBCC.
To apply see Information and Deadlines.