The purpose of the College Coordinating Council is to serve as a college-wide organization with representatives from all the major campus constituencies and committees. The primary purpose is to be a forum that facilitates dialogue on college-wide issues. The Council will oversee the strategic framework, support accreditation and be active in all college evaluation and improvement efforts. The CCC is to advise the President on issues that affect the entire college. The CCC meetings are open to all and at times the President will extend the CCC time for all-campus conversations.
- Provide input, guidance and advice on the College’s strategicplan
- Recommend the framework/plans to the College Board
- Understand the college data, its implications and suggest changes to improve student persistence and completion
- Review, monitor and offer advice on the Achievement Compact
- Oversee the College Accreditation process and provide on-going monitoring, implementation, and continuous improvement of the self-evaluation process
- Review and discuss college-wide recommendations from the college’s standing committees
The meeting dates are the first Tuesday of each month from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm in the Boardroom on the Pendleton Campus.
- College Coordinating Council officers will be the chair and chair-elect. The recorder will be a designated staff person. These officers will be elected annually, with the chair-elect becoming chair the year following his/her tenure as chair-elect. Officers will be elected from the council members serving as committee, group representatives, and ex-officio non-voting members. Officers of the College Coordinating Council will not serve consecutive terms. Representatives and their alternates on the College Coordinating Council will have voting rights. Terms of council members will be three-year terms. In October of 2007, members will have varying terms determined by drawing lots to provide continuity.
- The College Coordinating Council will meet once each month, however Council meetings may be called every two weeks, if necessary. Minutes of the College Coordinating Council will be written by the recorder and published on the BMCC website Governance Process Committee page following each meeting.
- Special meetings can be called at the discretion of the Council Chair and the President of the College.
- A quorum of the College Coordinating Council will consist of half of CCC voting membership plus one. A majority vote by the College Coordinating Council is half of voting members present plus one. Alternate representatives attending the meeting will have complete voting rights.
Chair / Dean Student Success
Ralph Murphy, II
Members at Large: