You voted, we promised and we delivered! Umatilla and Morrow county voters approved a $23 million Capital Construction Bond (Measure 30-106) for Blue Mountain Community College during the May 19, 2015 election. Projects were completed in 2017, and BMCC is grateful to the support it received from the community along the way.
Thanks to the support from our communities, the bond will allow BMCC to:
· Renovate the existing agriculture center in Pendleton, adding a second story for classroom space and allowing for a veterinary assistant program;
· Construct a Precision Irrigated Agriculture Center in Hermiston on OSU Experiment Station property, allowing for student use of the Experiment Station’s pivots;
· Construct a Workforce Training Center in Boardman behind the SAGE Center on Port of Morrow property for training in advanced manufacturing, mechatronics and Early Childhood Education;
· Renovate the front entryway at the Milton-Freewater Center to allow for student study areas and increased safety; and
· Upgrade/improve heating, cooling, electrical and other energy systems on the Pendleton campus, which is estimated to save around $100,000 annually in utility costs.
Key Bond Priorities
- Affordable Education & Family Wage Jobs a. Create and sustain job opportunities in the region. b. Continue to build a skilled workforce for the economic vitality of our region. c. Attract and maintain a talented regional workforce, and keep local talent in the region
- Safe & Secure Learning Environment a. Secure a safe educational environment through increased access and safety upgrades.
- Protect Our Community Investment a. Increase the livability of your community through affordable education and family wage jobs. b. Invest in critical infrastructure, technology and maintenance updates. c. Reduce operational costs through energy efficiencies.
Details of the proposed bond projects can be found in this document: BMCC Bond Proposal Brochure
The bond project informational video can be found on the follow page: BMCC Bond Informational Video